Modding 212 open back cabinet

I have just acquired a used 212 part open back cabinet and there is a 10cm gap in the middle where the top and bottom part sections don't meet which is just big enough for  my cat to climb in .

Not wanting to damage the speakers was thinking i could put some of this metal mesh grill you can get in diy stores.

has any one tried this and if so does it make much difference- i am only using it for home use but want to retain as much of the open back sound as i can 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    Sorry, but in all things involving a cat, the cat always wins.

I'm afraid there's no other option but to buy a new cabinet as your cat now owns this one.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    I would use some grille cloth. It's acoustically transparent so it will make no difference to the sound of the cab.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• clarky94clarky94 Frets: 6
    i did  consider that but it might be tempting to scratch - i have protected the from with a customer cut sheet of 3mm mdf with magnets on the corners that stick to the metal corner protetors
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    You could just wait until the cat is in the back of the cabinet, then play a couple of power chords through it at full volume... I suspect the cab will remain cat-free from then on :).

(I love cats by the way... if mine got into a cab I'd do something about it as well though!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• clarky94clarky94 Frets: 6
    ICBM said:
    You could just wait until the cat is in the back of the cabinet, then play a couple of power chords through it at full volume... I suspect the cab will remain cat-free from then on :).

(I love cats by the way... if mine got into a cab I'd do something about it as well though!)
    my cat only has to see me pick the guitar up and woosh gone