SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NO LONGER - FS First run Gibson Les Paul BFG, p90 & BB3.

What's Hot
pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
edited August 2019 in Guitars £

Complete set of pics here: https://imgur.com/a/n6OfSu2

Love it as I do I gotta face facts - the neck is too chunky for my lickle paws.

Light and resonant and "acousticy" for an LP, I believe they're well chambered.

Has plenty of play wear but nothing that stops it screaming. It rocks - I'd keep it if it had a slimmer neck.

The mottling on the headstock front was from it being splashed with a drink of water in the garden. Cosmetic only, kinda in keeping with the aesthetic really.

I didn't know when I bought this but they were sold with a killswitch in place of the pick up switch. It's been converted back to 'normal' wiring some time in its life.

One thing - a couple of times, tho not recently, I switched it from the bridge to neck and it went quiet ie the neck PU didn't engage. I don't know the cause and can't reproduce it reliably.

Comes with the pictured Spider style hard case, which has a couple of dings but is perfectly fit for purpose.

The truss rod cover is an upgrade. No charge for that. ;-)

Made in 2007 according to serial number. I got it from eBay a couple of years ago.

The original brochure is here: http://archive.gibson.com/Files/USA_PDFs/BFG_LP.pdf - it claims 60s neck but I dispute that, I also have an LP Classic, this neck is much bigger.

I'm in Dorking, Surrey if you want a try out. Shipping would be a pain, don't have a box. Happy to meet up to a 45 minute radius. It's easy to get here from London, can pick you up at the station or nip down with my amp for you to try. Also a few minutes off J9 or 10 of the M25.

Asking £500.

UPDATE RE TRADES: perhaps a Tele. What I'm looking for is something for the role the BFG fulfils (except its neck is too big for me). A second guitar that rocks, isn't covered in plastic and isn't 'precious' as it'll be gigged, played in the garden etc. Natural wear and tear is absolutely fine.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments