SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Kalamazoo Flat top

What's Hot
Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
Long shot.
Anyone have an old KG14 or 11 flat top they are thinking of shifting?
I big time regret selling my 12 fret KG14 and I’d like to have another 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikePMikeP Frets: 52
    Wish I had one. Tony at replayacoustics has one. Dunno the price on it but I suspect it's on the high side but he had reliably top quality stock and he has open to doing a deal. 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I know the price. It’s a grand more than I got for mine....
  • billzabozobillzabozo Frets: 62
    https://guitar-auctions.co.uk/portfolio-post/lot-389-1930s-kalamazoo-kg-14-acoustic-guitar-made-in-usa/

Looks like it's been pretty mangled over the years one way or another but might be worth a risk.
    edited May 2019
    Yeah had an eye on that for a while. I’ve played a poorly converted KG before and wasn’t very impressed. Don’t get fooled into thinking this will be anywhere near an L00 Guarantee the x bracing has made things worse. I’ll bid for sure but top estimate is ambitious I think. There’s surely £500 to spend on it after it’s bought. Ever the optimist is I. 
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1323
    Andy79 said:
    Yeah had an eye on that for a while. I’ve played a poorly converted KG before and wasn’t very impressed. Don’t get fooled into thinking this will be anywhere near an L00 Guarantee the x bracing has made things worse. I’ll bid for sure but top estimate is ambitious I think. There’s surely £500 to spend on it after it’s bought. Ever the optimist is I. 
    It sold for £1550 + GH's 24%. I'm not surprised. It's a lot for a modified guitar, but it was fabulous to play and listen to. It made well over estimate when it was in the same auction a couple of years ago.
    I had a price that I would have paid. It beat that before the auctioneer started talking....
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 161
    I have a pretty clean one with an older side repair that I didn't even notice when I bought it. Its a 1936, I think its a KG14, and all original and plays great. Proper tone, but you know that! I just got a 40s SJ so thinking of a sale.
    If you do then shoot me a message 
    I found a KG11 very cheap but the condition is reflected in the price....
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 161
    I still have mine and need to make room if you want to shoot me a WTB price? Thanks
  • pjfpjf Frets: 330
    Hi Andy, I'm selling a very nice KG-14 here in the Classifieds if you're still looking.
    edited September 2019
    [duplicate]
    edited September 2019
    [triplicate]
    edited September 2019
    thanks man Found a KG11 in the end.