What has annoyed you today?

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26450
    Got the first gig with the re-formed Closed Circuit on Friday. It's mostly music that I wrote, but - aside from being totally unable to play one of the solos right more than 33% of the time - I've come to the realisation that I'll never feel my own music as much as this guy from the Chester Bennington tribute (14:07)...

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Predictable corporate bollocks seem to have really pushed my buttons today. :p
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Got the first gig with the re-formed Closed Circuit on Friday. It's mostly music that I wrote, but - aside from being totally unable to play one of the solos right more than 33% of the time - I've come to the realisation that I'll never feel my own music as much as this guy from the Chester Bennington tribute (14:07)...

@digitalscream ;Shortly after Chester killed himself I found myself on a roughly four hour van drive down to Wales. I worked my way through about five Linkin Park albums by the time I got there. I got out of the van in tears and had to take ten minutes to pull myself together. After his death, I heard Chester's lyrics in a different way and the realisation that I hadn't taken more time to appreciate his music really affected me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Annoyed me today? My Macbook cookin' after sending it to sleep and leaving it alone for a while. Think I've found a cure in a changed setting. Fingers crossed.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11799
    Parked at an near empty car park, before I even got out of the car a woman in a mini van pulled up in the next parking bay....

So I started my car and put it back in space over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2019
    Parked at an near empty car park, before I even got out of the car a woman in a mini van pulled up in the next parking bay....

Some people feel more secure doing that, especially women in empty car parks.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11799
    Freebird said:

It’s the middle of the day, she had kids with her and it’s right in the middle of town by an cafe with people outside eating ice cream.

i don’t think this instance is about security...which is weird, why would you want to park next to another stranger’s car anyway.
  • My inability to switch off from work.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    Afghanistan's bowling change in the 46th over....that's what!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    My wife. 

She has a really annoying (and disgusting) habit of buttering her toast, then putting the same knife in the jam without wiping it. Then, if she wants a 2nd slice, she’ll put the same knife in the butter, infecting it with jam juice. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Selling a car. If you think ebay is bad when selling guitar stuff, it’s not a patch on AutoTrader when you’re trying to sell a motor. Numpty #1 offered me £15k below my asking price, numpty #2 offered me £8k below my asking price. Numpty #1 came back and asked if I fancied swapping it for a Range Rover. 

First world problems I know, but there are an unbelievable amount of arseholes out there. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    Selling a car. If you think ebay is bad when selling guitar stuff, it’s not a patch on AutoTrader when you’re trying to sell a motor. Numpty #1 offered me £15k below my asking price, numpty #2 offered me £8k below my asking price. Numpty #1 came back and asked if I fancied swapping it for a Range Rover. 

First world problems I know, but there are an unbelievable amount of arseholes out there. 
    You are not focusing on the bigger picture - you need to deal with the situation with your wife, that jam knife thing is wrong on every level...

Anti freeze doesn't show up on normal pathology tests they have to actively look for it, that's all I'm saying.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    (In Amsterdam) Dutch Karne Melk - it's awful fermented muck. Fecking digusting in tea I can tell you ! :s

I bought it in proper grocery supermarket too ....  Got ordinary milk from the bong & beer shop on the corner - should've gone there first !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1323
    Freebird said:

It’s the middle of the day, she had kids with her and it’s right in the middle of town by an cafe with people outside eating ice cream.

i don’t think this instance is about security...which is weird, why would you want to park next to another stranger’s car anyway.
    So They can fling their door open and dent the side of your car, then let their brat do the same, then hurl abuse at you when you remonstrate with them.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Annoyed me today? Forgetting to pack my laptop before a 3 hour drive, only to have to do another 6 hours driving to go home and back.

9 hours driving? Whoopee! Stupid fandango.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Pissing away the entire evening and night at A&E because my mum fell over. Mostly because she's too proud to use one of the many sticks she has. Then doubling the time because she forgot to tell the doctor about her thumb until after the first set of x-rays.

So that's my one night to get some practice in down the toilet, and I'm sleeping at hers tonight which will fuck up tomorrow. 

On the upside, the hospital were great, she's mostly just bashed up, and will hopefully use her bloody stick in future.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12313
    Snags said:
    Pissing away the entire evening and night at A&E because my mum fell over. Mostly because she's too proud to use one of the many sticks she has. Then doubling the time because she forgot to tell the doctor about her thumb until after the first set of x-rays.

So that's my one night to get some practice in down the toilet, and I'm sleeping at hers tonight which will fuck up tomorrow. 

On the upside, the hospital were great, she's mostly just bashed up, and will hopefully use her bloody stick in future.
    It won’t happen. It seems to bring great delight to old ladies to do exactly the opposite of what they’re told. My mum won’t use her walking stick, won’t put her feet up during the day (she’s got hugely swollen ankles) and won’t use her hearing aids (“if I put them on it wears out the batteries”). Worse than bloody toddlers they are. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    boogieman said:
    Snags said:

It won’t happen. It seems to bring great delight to old ladies to do exactly the opposite of what they’re told. My mum won’t use her walking stick, won’t put her feet up during the day (she’s got hugely swollen ankles) and won’t use her hearing aids (“if I put them on it wears out the batteries”). Worse than bloody toddlers they are
    This in spades.  Mine is 91 and spends most of her life sitting on the sofa (her "perch", as she calls it), reading and re-reading the same old books.  She's on her third or possibly fourth run through the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series.

I went on Thursday, and she said "My hip hurts" (she had a fall a couple of years ago), so I said "Right, I'll ring the doc and get an appointment".  "No, don't bother" says she, "They don't want to know you when you're old"!

She's got a point - the last time I got her to the doc with it, he prescribed her some ointment.  She read the instruction sheet, which advises of potential side-effects.  This particular one listed "In rare cases, death" as one, so she wouldn't use it - "See, he's trying to kill me off!"

Not doing what she's told, and cutting her nose off to spite her face, is what keeps her going.  She has two sisters, one 93 and one 90, and none of them want to be first to go, just to spite the others!

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Yeah, I kinda get that I'm entering into the reverse-parenting stage of life.

However, I'm hoping that I have a trump card on the stick thing. Due to my grandparents being a bit fucked up in how they showed love, mum's massively susceptible to emotional blackmail. When she's healed up a bit and misbehaving again I'm just going to play the "Remember how scared and concerned you felt when you were looking after <friend> and he wandered off refusing to use his stick? That's how I feel knowing that you keep going out without yours …"

Evil fucking sociopath me, when I need to be.

(And yes, I know it probably won't work, but it's worth shot).
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Good luck with it, @Snags - I hope she soon gets back to normal.