Did anyone else want this toy as a kid?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    I don’t remember the Johnny Seven gun - probably a little bit before my time. I did have plenty of toy guns when I was a kid though, although was never allowed an air gun.  Loved action man, 1/72 soldiers and Airfix and Tamiya models of wartime stuff, and also had a subscription to Battle Action comic. 
    It occurs to me that I’ve surrounded myself with violence throughout my life... the music I listen to is mostly violent, the gigs I go to have violent aspects, I’ve been to a few football matches where there’s been violence, I watch violent sport and TV/films and I play very violent video games.  
    But I’m not a violent person, don’t think I’ve had a punch up since leaving school (although my outward appearance makes people think twice before challenging me) and I consider myself to be a decent human being - same goes for my kids, one of whom when he goes out clubbing, spends most of his time diffusing situations. 

Not it sure what I’m trying to say here, but...er...I’m alright. I think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    RobDavies said:
    I don’t remember the Johnny Seven gun - probably a little bit before my time. I did have plenty of toy guns when I was a kid though, although was never allowed an air gun.  Loved action man, 1/72 soldiers and Airfix and Tamiya models of wartime stuff, and also had a subscription to Battle Action comic. 
    It occurs to me that I’ve surrounded myself with violence throughout my life... the music I listen to is mostly violent, the gigs I go to have violent aspects, I’ve been to a few football matches where there’s been violence, I watch violent sport and TV/films and I play very violent video games.  
    But I’m not a violent person, don’t think I’ve had a punch up since leaving school (although my outward appearance makes people think twice before challenging me) and I consider myself to be a decent human being - same goes for my kids, one of whom when he goes out clubbing, spends most of his time diffusing situations. 

Not it sure what I’m trying to say here, but...er...I’m alright. I think. 
    I don't think you going to a football match can be considered as you surrounding yourself with violence, I would say that's just unfortunate and coincidental. Unless you instigated it of course, which I'm sure is not the case.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I never had the Johnny Seven gun, as that was before my time, but like so many others growing up in the 70s, I had plenty of toy guns. I also had several air pistols and air rifles though it was a bit of a battle between my mum, who hated them and would get rid of them, and my uncles (her brothers) , who would supply me with new ones! Both uncles were shooters and I'd often go shooting with them.

I also had Action Men but most of all, it was model aeroplanes that I played with. I just absolutely loved 'em and the interest never went away.

I've had a lifelong interest (my wife would say obsession) with aviation and military history, yet I have grown up to be something of a tree hugger. I love nature and hate the unnecessary killing of things and absolutely abhor violence.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited July 2019
    I had a black widow catapult. They were pretty good fun. 

I had one of those evil kenevil wind up jobs. Mine was the rocket bike tho.

Also remember pretty much always having some sort of pocket knife. 
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I wanted most toys growing up. A couple of boys in my class had wealthy parents and got all sorts - Atari things, scrambler. We were a single income house so had to make-do with less. Xmas was usually bough with club books and Xmas clubs in shops. Most of our money seemed to go on food even though we grew our own fruit and veg. No wonder we were fat.