Kill switch wiring question

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Ah, in that case I'm lost again! For example, the backup pickup has a live and ground wire. I presumed that one would go to 3 and the other to 6, and that the others would be wired similarly.
    No!!!

Please just read what I said again.

All the grounds are connected all the time.

Connect terminals 1 and 4 to the hot output of the standard electrics.
    Connect terminals 2 and 5 to the hot connection on the jack.
    Connect terminals 3 and 6 to the hot connection on the backup pickup.

That is all!!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Many thanks for the explanation, and sorry for ruining your Sunday.

Cheers also to @CasperCaster, I appreciate it ;-)
  • Well I re-wired it today, and although it's working, it's not working as I would like it to. I was worried about the stereo output jack causing some problems, and it has. For a start it's a POS cheapo thing with the tiniest lug holes to pass wire through, so that's been tricky. but apart from that, the 4 wires going into it are confusing things for me. I have a spare board for this guitar, and the 4 output wires that go to the output jack are marked T (red), R (white), SW (yellow), and SL (black). Does anyone have any idea what those letters might signify? After doing a bit of testing, I took the white wire as the one I wanted, but it ain't right. The second pickup does not work when the battery is out.
  • I think I have it: Tip, Ring, Switch, Sleeve, not that that helps me much!
    It's T that needs to go to the switch if that's the tip.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• Ok, it's done! :-) Thanks as always @ICBM This has made what i think is a good, useful gigging guitar into a better one.