"I went down to the crossroads" NGD: Gibson Custom 61 SG Standard Antique Teal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 538
    Love SG's and that one looks the absolute business.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Hell yeah. Admired that one on the Peach website for a while. Stunner.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Absolutely love that! Awesome guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22707
    That's a fantastic looking guitar, love the colour.  Slim taper neck, though, I suppose?
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2369
    Oh good lord. That colour is stunning! I love SGs in different colours, the recent Chicago Music Exchange run was along similar lines.
    If only I found SGs comfortable to play. Fantastic looking guitar, enjoy it!
    Tim
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Stunning colour. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited July 2019
    Well that's one of the coolest looking guitars I've ever seen
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    tony99 said:
    Weight is just over 6 1/2 lbs, here's how it sounds:
    do you like it better than your gold top with p90's???

Unfortunately the goldtop has gone, I bust a gut to get it in the first place and had it for a few months but just could not live with the pickups. The bridge pickup was really weak sounding and so out of balance with the neck pickup and I could not get with it at all. I debated a pickup swap but didn't want to modify it as it was a limited edition special run so it found a new home at a fair price. It's a shame as I loved the look of it, the feel, the weight and the neck and playability were the best of any Les Paul I've played.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7101
    tony99 said:
    Weight is just over 6 1/2 lbs, here's how it sounds:
    do you like it better than your gold top with p90's???

Unfortunately the goldtop has gone, I bust a gut to get it in the first place and had it for a few months but just could not live with the pickups. The bridge pickup was really weak sounding and so out of balance with the neck pickup and I could not get with it at all. I debated a pickup swap but didn't want to modify it as it was a limited edition special run so it found a new home at a fair price. It's a shame as I loved the look of it, the feel, the weight and the neck and playability were the best of any Les Paul I've played.

oh shame, didn't know you got shot of it

still, seems like it might not be missed with this new one around, I was clocking this very one myself on peach website last week
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    Philly_Q said:
    That's a fantastic looking guitar, love the colour.  Slim taper neck, though, I suppose?

Yes I guess it's slim taper, to be honest I don't really notice it much, it's very comfortable. No neck dive on this one either.

I'm genuinely surprised people like the  colour, I wasn't sure when I was trying it out but it just sounded and felt so good.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    the trick with Clapton Cream era licks is those major to minor step-through/arpegiated run-ups...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Yes I guess it's slim taper, to be honest I don't really notice it much, it's very comfortable. No neck dive on this one either.

I'm genuinely surprised people like the  colour, I wasn't sure when I was trying it out but it just sounded and felt so good.

It was the colour which really caught my eye on the Peach website, too many SGs are cherry and all the others are black or white.

Although having said that I've got two green SGs.

I think TV Yellow looks great on an SG, even though it's not a "proper" SG colour.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    Yeah. I love pellham blue and goldtop SGs look awesome
    edited July 2019
    57Deluxe said:
    the trick with Clapton Cream era licks is those major to minor step-through/arpegiated run-ups...

Yes, I got the Crossroads turnaround down, things got a lot easier when I stopped reading tabs or watching Youtube, used my ears and just listened to the recording with a  guitar in hand.