Tele neck replacing advice

brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
Imagine you were really shallow and had grabbed a now discontinued 60s Baja Tele because you liked the faded sonic blue so much (and the pickups and switching and it being a Tele). But you found the neck fine but a bit meh.

What would be your best option for getting hold of a Tele neck with 1) rosewood board, 2) vintage radius and frets, and 3) a deeper, more hand-filling profile, along the lines of the neck on the Marr Jags? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6861
    Wonder if mighty mite parts would fit and have something to taste. 

Or you could have one built to you requirements if the rest of the guitar is really a keeper! 

Keep the original aside just in case you decide to sell on, or sell it and put towards new if the new neck makes the instrument a full on keeper!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • mesatelemesatele Frets: 27

I have a similar wish. I would like a rosewood board neck with 22 frets and a fatter profile like the 50's Baja tele.

I enquired about a price from a pro builder. At around £700 it was too much for me. I keep looking and will be interested in the responses you get.

• HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I’d get something from Allparts. I’ve used several of their necks and they’re really well made, they come un- lacquered but I finished mine with TruOil, it’s easy to apply and feels great.