5 Days in Copenhagen

What's Hot
I'm going to Copenhagen for 5 days at the end of this month.
 I have never been before, so looking forward to it.
Staying in Vesterbro area and I have a few ideas, but has anyone here been before ?  What should I see ...where should I go.....what should I do ??
All suggestions/ advice greatly appreciated....Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    edited July 2019
    You could go to Slice of San Francisco for some award-winning cheesecake. I’m sure there are loads of better things to do, like Tivoli gardens; but I wasn’t there long and I do like my cafes.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    Foodie city !!!

There is the mermaid statue, a little anti-climax tbh, it's just off the edge into the water but on low tide you can just about reach it treading on some rocks.  There were a group of lads in a stag do and the groom climbed over and groped the statute.

There is also the Tovoli garden/amusement park in the centre.

Nyhavn is where all the postcards are taken from.

I forgot what i did apart from getting a great Michelin star meal, walked around for a few days.  I really like the relax nature of the city.   It's probably a bit late but if you get a chance to eat at Noma, do it.

• exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    The "Slow Beer Bar" - officially known as Vinstue 90 http://copenhagenbeer.dk/%C3%B8lbar/vinstue-90

They make Carlsberg drinkable......very drinkable in fact.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    There were a group of lads in a stag do and the groom climbed over and groped the statute.
    hahaha Oi Oi !!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    tony99 said:
    There were a group of lads in a stag do and the groom climbed over and groped the statute.
    hahaha Oi Oi !!
    I have a photo, it was in March freezing cold and he wore a lingerie, fell in the water too and cut himself on the rocks.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    It's apparently the nth statue, many past ones were nicked in the Danbish equivalent of stag nights.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Deffo worth doing the Tivoli - we got in for nothing after their card reader wouldn't process my debit card, and the queue behind us was growing!

Just be aware that everything is mega-expensive - 10 years ago they wanted the equivalent of £7 for a small draught Carlsberg!

• exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    Nitefly said:
    Deffo worth doing the Tivoli - we got in for nothing after their card reader wouldn't process my debit card, and the queue behind us was growing!

Just be aware that everything is mega-expensive - 10 years ago they wanted the equivalent of £7 for a small draught Carlsberg!

I was there last year and I didn't find it too bad....think the U.K is catching up with pricing (certainly with pub prices in London area). A pint in a mainstream city centre hotel was coming in at £8.....the reality is that it doesn't taste very nice so you don't want to drink much of it anyway :) Apart from the Carlesberg served in Vinstue 90 which is very nice.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    If you’re going to the pub, bring a LOT of money. Lots!
  • xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    If you like modern art, I'd highly recommend a trip on the train to a place called (somewhat bizarrely) Louisiana. No kidding, it was built by an industrialist who had three wives called Louisa, as I recall. There is some really fabulous art there, lots of Giacometti, Picasso, Kandinsky, the Pop Art guys. An excellent Louise Bourgeois show last time I was there. 

Only 35 mins on the train from the central station (by the Tivoli Gardens), and a beautiful setting, with lovely grounds looking out over the sea to Sweden. Elsinore is not far either, if you need to buy a packet of Hamlet…

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I went there on business years ago; I recall we went to a bar (I think it was called Ladde's Bar) and saw a band in the basement.

I was with some Finnish folks and they were well impressed when someone called Dallas Wade got up for a few songs with the band.
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 657
    Thanks everyone.
    Yes, I know it will be pretty expensive....but hey ho, ...you are a long time dead...!!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    It doesn't scan as nicely as "One night in Bangkok"...

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    If you appreciate fine dining, then Geranium (restaurant).
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 657
    Nitefly said:
    It doesn't scan as nicely as "One night in Bangkok"...

That's for next year........for more than one night though.!! 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania

Not sure how it has changed over the years but used to be good fun...........
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    When we went in 2004 it was Jazz central, we even saw a Upright Piano jazz busker outside in February.
    It's a nice city and an eye opener for integrated transport. If you are into history then Roskilde Viking museum is a short train ride away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom