"Your item is over-priced..."

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
<MINI RANT>

Does anybody else ever receive messages from fellow forum members, having a pop at you for selling items at price higher than than they're willing to pay?  I'm all for a haggle but if something is more expensive than you can afford, why be dick about it?

Somebody (not a regular), who shall remain unnamed, has messaged me about two items now, both times with rude and patronising messages about pricing (the latter being my CS Strat, which I believe is fairly priced - as do those who contributed to my post asking for advice on value). 

I've just, for the first time, discovered the 'Ignore' button.

Grrr.

PS - if you see this, Mr X, you're still a ****ing bellend (yes, sorry, I lost my rag in my last message...sorry, Admins).

</MINI RANT>
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Does anybody else ever receive messages from fellow forum members, having a pop at you for selling items at price higher than than they're willing to pay?
    I sometimes receive cheeky comments from Bridgehouse but, seeing as I do the same to him, I am in no position to object.

rude and patronising messages about pricing 
    It is difficult to understand who that sort of communication is supposed to help. 

A far more constructive approach would have been a message along the lines of, "drop the price of your item to £n and I will buy it". It combines the negative of "I don't like your price" with the positive of "I am serious about buying". This hints at some prospect of a sale. It ought to be possible to haggle from that starting position.

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • You could consider using one of these reply options...

"Your message is over-rude."

"Your money is under-worthy."

"Your grasp on reality is unauthentic." (and we all know that in guitar world... authentic is everything)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Hi  mate I want buy your CS strat but its overprices mate

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
    skunkwerx said:
    Hi  mate I want buy your CS strat but its overprices mate

At least type in correct English  ;)

My band, Red For Dissent
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited July 2019
    I guess you're @notalrightjack then?

@RandallFlagg IWasAlrightJack

My band, Red For Dissent
    @RandallFlagg IWasAlrightJack
    LOL!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Name and shame. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    You could consider using one of these reply options...
    You could consider using the option of simply ignoring the message. Why reply, unless you want to get into an argument or a negotiation?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    @icbm I’ve just started an argument with you about greatest album ever. 

Work frustrations spilling out, combined with trying to be reasonable turning into, “Oh, **** off!” 

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019
    Never come across any twattage selling on here but plenty on Ebay. It usually smacks of people who want to buy but can't afford it but desperately wish they could, so they just send you messages asking stupid questions as they window shop with no ability or intention of buying to satisfy some internal need. Time wasting cocks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    If you are receiving PM’s from members that are rude or break the rules then let us (the modmins) know.

(Apart from @Funkfingers - you deserve it ;) )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Hmm, I'd check to see what he is selling. He's probably a bedroom dealer that sees no profit in your stuff ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    "You must take less!"

"No, I shall not accept fewer pounds!"
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Never come across any twattage selling on here 
    If there were, would it be in “misc” or “parts” ?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12880
    History has shown time and time again that (some) people on this forum (and others) are utterly obsessed with what other people choose to price gear at. There's a thread every second day about something thats "overpriced" on eBay.

Why these people get quite so upset I have no idea. Even if something is overpriced, who cares? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    History has shown time and time again that (some) people on this forum (and others) are utterly obsessed with what other people choose to price gear at. There's a thread every second day about something thats "overpriced" on eBay.

Why these people get quite so upset I have no idea. Even if something is overpriced, who cares? 
    It's a weird phenomenon that people think in some way that things should be priced with some kind of social conscience rather than purely supply and demand (obviously there are exceptions like medicine).

I hear loads of people moaning at decisions Tesco, for example, make; not just to do with price but other decisions such as what to sell, in what sized packs things are available etc.

Fair enough saying "I wish it was this way/cost this much" but they say it as if Tesco ought to be ashamed of themselves and should take peoples' feelings in to account when making decisions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Makes a change from people asking if you want to trade your stuff for a shitty old pedal that they’ve overpaid for and are now struggling to shift. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    I once had £2,000 DSLR up for sale on Ebay for £800 for a quick sale and I got a guy messaging several times about how he really wanted it but he was just a poor student and couldn't afford it and so could I help him...  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Look, I'm sorry if I come across as a  ****ing bellend but at least I'm not a money grubbing greedy bastard.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom