Odd power cut

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
PC switched off but left monitor and speaker on and i could hear the TV in the other room. I noticed the PC room digital bedroom clock had been switched off too and i could hear the sound of car alarms ( a feature of power cuts methinks) so i guess the power cut was not exclusive tae my home.......WTF is a partial power cut?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Car alarms connected to the mains?  More likely a pC issue, that or a Poltergoose
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    For some reason i don't quite understand every time there is a power cut LOADS of car alarms go off
    tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    Poltergoose  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1172
    If a Poltergoose flies over and shits on your car, that's more than enough to set the alarm off !
  • Sounds like a faulty connection.
    You need to place an egg on top of your fuseboard. If that doesnt work, try a kipper.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RearWingRearWing Frets: 98
    Thermal cut-out on the PC? 
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited July 2019
    The outside alarms you can hear will be house burglar alarms not car alarms.  If the main alarm panel battery is knackered then the panel will power down on a power cut and the bell box sounder will activate powered by the bell box internal battery. 

Most of the cheaper domestic alarm panels don't have a battery test routine and if the house holder doesn't test the system periodically they don't realise the battery has gone until the bell activates under a power cut.  Many don't realise even then.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher