Drug Fuelled Driving

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Speaking from my own experience i used to smoke loads of pot, stopped once it all changed to Skunk, just didnt enjoy it anymore, getting a buzz on was great ( some nice Morroccan, Lebanese, Kashmir etc ), being off your tits and ending up watching Eastenders because your too smashed to be arsed to find the TV Remote was not. Modern Sensi/Skunk just doesnt do it for me 
    I just smoke less of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    That's what I was going to say.  It's like whiskey is to beer. Just because you enjoy a dram doesn't mean you need to get totally pissed.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited July 2019
    I smoked it a fair bit when I was in my teens/early twenties but havent touched it in decades after having a fairly bad reaction (the mother of all whities?) to it once. I would agree that adults who smoke it regularly as part of their routine are generally some of the most pathetic least interesting pricks you can come across - what on earth they are doing with their day that they can afford to get blitzed at say 10 in the morning I do not know. The idea of trying to drive properly after using it is laughable - it just is not safe, panic attack or not. If I go in somewhere to do anything musical and I smell it it just makes me want to do a u-turn because I know that trying to get anything productive done is going to be difficult with a bunch of fucking boring stoners dragging things down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    edited July 2019
    Simon_M said:
    Speaking from my own experience i used to smoke loads of pot, stopped once it all changed to Skunk, just didnt enjoy it anymore, getting a buzz on was great ( some nice Morroccan, Lebanese, Kashmir etc ), being off your tits and ending up watching Eastenders because your too smashed to be arsed to find the TV Remote was not. Modern Sensi/Skunk just doesnt do it for me 
    I just smoke less of it.
    It's not just 'stronger', it's pretty much a different drug. The new 'skunk' type strains are way different in the THC to CBD ratio. i.e. They are almost all THC, with no CBD. The CBD element is known to provide a more calming almost anti-psychotic effect, and provides an in-built counterbalance to the THC effects, which can be more chaotic. This is why skunk is causing the problems that it does, not just because it is simply 'stronger'. This change in the balance of chemicals components is really bad for some people.

If you have ever gone to Amsterdam and shopped from either end of a weed menu, you will see the differences in experience are pretty profound. The top end skunk types can be almost like an acid trip sometimes, for many people not a particularly relaxing experience. Compared with some much lower grade grass or hash (with balanced THC and CBD levels, which can be a much gentler experience in comparison. I defo prefer the latter, although don't bother with weed at all these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    CloudNine said:
    Simon_M said:
    I just smoke less of it.
    It's not just 'stronger', it's pretty much a different drug. The new 'skunk' type strains are way different in the THC to CBD ratio. i.e. They are almost all THC, with no CBD. The CBD element is known to provide a more calming almost anti-psychotic effect, and provides an in-built counterbalance to the THC effects, which can be more chaotic. This is why skunk is causing the problems that it does, not just because it is simply 'stronger'. This change in the balance of chemicals components is really bad for some people.

If you have ever gone to Amsterdam and shopped from either end of a weed menu, you will see the differences in experience are pretty profound. The top end skunk types can be almost like an acid trip sometimes, for many people not a particularly relaxing experience. Compared with some much lower grade grass or hash (with balanced THC and CBD levels, which can be a much gentler experience in comparison. I defo prefer the latter, although don't bother with weed at all these days.
    Well everyday is a school day :-) 
  • My buddy sampled some lighter stuff in Amsterdam a few years back and was paranoid following it for a while, maybe a day or so? It was very low-dose too, not skunk. 

Anyone who drives high needs a fucking head check. Absolute cunts. 

The same for those who post on social media, drink or drive carelessly in general. I reckon a lot of these people haven't seen what can happen in a car crash (limbs being torn off, insides coming out etc) but if they did perhaps they'd rethink. Probably not. 

Driving is seen as a right not a privilege. It's a privilege to drive. 

And I generally feel it could be legalised. Mostly to stop this (if you smoke regularly, congratulations, you contribute to modern child slavery and smuggling) but also because the "war on drugs" has been lost and control is better than the current chaos. It may even become safer, generate revenue and jobs and contribute to some modern medicine! 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwizkJC-hKrjAhWuzoUKHRdXCgcQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-cannabis-cultivation-marijuana-farm-vietnamese-minors-children-short-film-a7999426.html&psig=AOvVaw1Z-6d4YZp5PWMjr_XOyyJl&ust=1562837224493944
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956

And I generally feel it could be legalised. Mostly to stop this (if you smoke regularly, congratulations, you contribute to modern child slavery and smuggling) but also because the "war on drugs" has been lost and control is better than the current chaos. It may even become safer, generate revenue and jobs and contribute to some modern medicine!
    Exactly. The argument about legalisation is totally separate from that over whether it's safe to drive under the influence - it clearly isn't, to anyone with a working brain - just as it is with alcohol. If anything separating the two types of illegality would make it easier to change the minds of anyone who still thinks it's OK to drive high, as well as freeing up police resources to tackle drug driving.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    CloudNine said:
    Simon_M said:
    I just smoke less of it.

You can get all different types of skunk these days. Some plants have very low thc and high levels of cbd. You can also get cbd oil that you can vape or take along with weed. 
    It's not just thc and cbd though. Think there are about 50 "cannabinoids". When plants are bread to have high levels of one the others are lowered.

People that grow weed purely for profit usually do go for the really stinky high thc types. That's why it should be legal to grow a few plants yourself. You can choose the strains you enjoy.
    edited July 2019
    My buddy sampled some lighter stuff in Amsterdam a few years back and was paranoid following it for a while, maybe a day or so? It was very low-dose too, not skunk
     Not that surprising. There is a fairly large percentage of people that just cannot smoke any type of cannabis at all. It's not about being a wuss, it's just the way it acts does not mix well with the way a lot of people's minds work. It can make your thoughts race quite badly and people get stuck in thought loops etc. My cousin is a pretty well hardened psychonaught, very happy on fairly high dose acid and other psychedelics, but a couple of drags on a joint and he would be in a bad way.
    CloudNine said:
    Simon_M said:
    I just smoke less of it.

You can get all different types of skunk these days. Some plants have very low thc and high levels of cbd. You can also get cbd oil that you can vape or take along with weed. 
    It's not just thc and cbd though. Think there are about 50 "cannabinoids". When plants are bread to have high levels of one the others are lowered.

People that grow weed purely for profit usually do go for the really stinky high thc types. That's why it should be legal to grow a few plants yourself. You can choose the strains you enjoy.
    There are always options available to people in the know. But I would bet that 95% of the weed available on the street today in the UK, is the high THC, low CBD style. And that is what Is probably causing some problems. You could educate people to vape CBD in parallel, but in reality most people are not going to know, or want to spend additional cash even if the did.
  • CloudNine said:
    My buddy sampled some lighter stuff in Amsterdam a few years back and was paranoid following it for a while, maybe a day or so? It was very low-dose too, not skunk
     Not that surprising. There is a fairly large percentage of people that just cannot smoke any type of cannabis at all. It's not about being a wuss, it's just the way it acts does not mix well with the way a lot of people's minds work. It can make your thoughts race quite badly and people get stuck in thought loops etc. My cousin is a pretty well hardened psychonaught, very happy on fairly high dose acid and other psychedelics, but a couple of drags on a joint and he would be in a bad way.

"thought loops" is exactly what happened - we got a free upgrade to a better room in the hostel, and he was convinced they were singling us out for something (rather than they double booked our cheaper room!) 

Once he had the thought, it wouldn't shake and he was up all night. Never touched it since. He's so much fun after a beer though - I know plenty of people who turn into right twats after a couple of beers... 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12253
    Years ago in my old town we all smoked weed and did whatever else, I gave up as I was getting paranoid and was generally jittery and nervy all the time. The lads that are still at it over 20 yrs later are deadheads, still in the same shitty town doing shitty jobs that are way beneath their intellectal level, one of our group was a really bright spark who could have genuinely took on the world but now he works in a factory (nowt wrong with that, just saying) and as far as I know still smokes weed and on;ly leaves the house to go to work, but Hey! weed is OK right?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"