Boss SY-1

What's Hot

Comments

• Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 258
    I have just broken my Luddite ‘no synths in the band’ rule for this. 

Want! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    ICBM said:
    joetele said:

Same. Seems to unite everything I liked about other synth pedals I've tried, but without their difficulty/intimidating depth/shite tracking. And a fantastic arpeggiator to boot
    And in the classic, unimprovable Boss compact pedal housing. I was beginning to worry that they were going to drop that, with all these ones with the metal switches coming out...
    Me too. Though it seemed crazy that they would drop such a bullet proof, much loved design. And Roland are not crazy.
    I wonder if the colour hints at it being a continuation of the PS-x line. Or maybe they just decided that silver was a naff choice for such a cool pedal.
  • They should have gone all out neon 80's for it. That would be cool. 

Great timing, dropping it around the same time as Stranger Things. I'm sure Gear Slutz membership gets a massive boost around this time each year too.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 918
    Oh nice, I was literally just searching for synth pedals yesterday...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Can it only be played with huge amounts of gain?
  • Wowowow

Do want
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    That looks absolutely brilliant. Sounds great with sensible options and excellent tracking.

While I love the lack of menus and simplicity of it, at the same time I wish it was released in the ‘500’ format for the purposes of presets. As it is you can’t practically use more than one sound per song and it will be quite a feat to remember your favourite settings of the 121 types available. Presets would solve those issues. 

Still looks kncredible though and I fully expect to own one at some point in the future!!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4178
    I bet it still can't nail that GR300 sound, the SY300 was close but way too clean, if I'm wrong I'll buy one 
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    I might well buy one. I bought (and sold) the SY-300 because I hoped it could sound like a GR-300. Perhaps I didn’t give it a fair chance.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds awesome, I want. That dude from The Pedal Zone makes fantastic demos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ADP said:
    I might well buy one. I bought (and sold) the SY-300 because I hoped it could sound like a GR-300. Perhaps I didn’t give it a fair chance.
    I had an SY300 and sold it for the same reason, as on old GR300/505 owner from the 80’s I was hoping it would at least get close but it didn’t at all
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Sounds awesome, I want. That dude from The Pedal Zone makes fantastic demos.
    He does, and I genuinely love his playing. Really unlike a lot of others. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Hmm, should I pre-order one or put up a WTB Thread in the Classified section? 

I'll have to wait an extra week for the latter  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    Have any of you GR-300 lovers tried the Roland VG-99? Its GR300 simulation burps, gurgles and runs out of sustain above the fourteen fret very like the real thing.

The simpler recreations fail to recreate the tuning instability of true analogue circuitry. Some times, the missing ingredient is the Hexa-Distortion. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7280
    WANT!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Have any of you GR-300 lovers tried the Roland VG-99? Its GR300 simulation burps, gurgles and runs out of sustain above the fourteen fret very like the real thing.

The simpler recreations fail to recreate the tuning instability of true analogue circuitry. Some times, the missing ingredient is the Hexa-Distortion. 
    That’d be two pedalboards though :)
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    I’ve got a bunch of older Roland guitar synth kit and some of the newer stuff, including the GP-10, GR-55 and VG-99, all of which do reasonable versions of the sounds of the GR-300 (and a lot more). I’d just like a stompbox I could plug a regular guitar into and get the same sound from without the need for additional pickups and cables.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7130
    Looks like a really well thought our synth pedal and the price is really good as well. Will have to see what people think once they get their hands on them.

Not usually my thing, but could be epic with a fuzz box!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway