SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Vintage Marshall JTM 45 or black flag JTM 50

Long shot, yes I know. But I am kicking myself for missing a recent opportunity of a lifetime. So I have decided to search for another original 60's Marshall head. Ideally looking for a JTM 45 but also open to later smallbox heads! Thanks peeps
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Collector's item, fully restored, working order, or a project for yourself?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    Yes, I'm curious as well... what condition are you looking for?
  • Harmonics72Harmonics72 Frets: 26
    edited July 2019
    @ICBM and @brooom ;; Working order would be best thanks
    Explanation: I just missed an amazing opportunity for a 1964/5 JTM45 (plexi front-early script logo-white rear panel) in excellent condition and original- all  fabulous working order which was on Gumtree! I was the 2nd guy to contact the seller, but he had already agreed to give 1st refusal to the chap who was quite rightly and fairly in touch before me! Asking price was £2995! I was scanning every eve for 2 months and missed one evening...mmmm...Anyway, I am a player not a collector! I wanna play the darn thing!  The JTM 45 is my all time fave amp...period! Cheers! Any help appreciated
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    £3k? Did the seller not know what they had?

I suspect there was no first buyer and they're revaluing it...
  • @Twinfan ;Nope.. he was an absolute gent who wanted the amp to go to a good home. He was local to me. Honorable chap who refused offers from shops offering him more! Admitted he got it for £50 back in the late 70's. Really rare opportunity 
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Wow - gutted then!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    @ICBM and @brooom ;; Working order would be best thanks
    PM'd

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson