Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26578
    edited July 2019
    @RaymondLin - knock it off. You've made many posts in this thread which are rule-breakers, and we've let it go because Emp didn't seem offended by them. Now you've all been told by a modmin to stop it, and and yet you think it's a good idea to continue pecking away. That's basically trying to buy yourself a ticket to the cooler.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Emp_Fab said:
    I would rather any further offending posts were edited or removed than using the sledgehammer of shutting the whole thread down.  Some of us are having a bit of fun here (plus, believe it or not, I’m learning stuff).

Thanks for the intervention @Bridgehouse.
    You do realise you're a gigantic mess of contradictions, don't you?

But just in case you do not...
    Calling me a waste of oxygen a tit and then essentially telling me to fuck off followed by asking for offending posts to be removed is a massive contradiction.

You've created this monster of a thread, live with the consequences.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    edited July 2019
    @RaymondLin - knock it off. You've made many posts in this thread which are rule-breakers, and we've let it go because Emp didn't seem offended by them. Now you've all been told by a modmin to stop it, and and yet you think it's a good idea to continue pecking away. That's basically trying to buy yourself a ticket to the cooler.
    I’m not the one name calling and telling the other person to F off, I have not once lied, not once swore.

Emp on the other hand has done both of those MULTIPLE times.

i am sure you are aware.

ive stayed within the rules and poke fun at him, a lot, granted, blunt and to the point but all true and none of it are lies.  Blunt and right to the truth is all it is.  It seems no one is saying it and what I said about his methods in car buying being absurd 2 months ago still hold true and proven true.  

As for he isn’t offended, he put me on ignore because he just can’t handle the constant truth being thrown back at him making him look incompetent at buying a car.  
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26578
    I’m not the one name calling and telling the other person to F off, I have not once lied, not once swore.

i am sure you are aware.

ive stayed within the rules and poke fun at him, a lot, granted, blunt and to the point but all true and none of it are lies.
    No, you've hounded him and berated him constantly, repeating yourself over and over to tell him what an idiot he is. There comes a point where it goes beyond "stating an opinion" and heads through "baiting" and straight into "bullying". You passed that point about 15 pages ago.

In case you hadn't noticed, that's against the rules.

So...either stop, or go to the cooler. It's entirely your choice. Further discussion is not required.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

i am sure you are aware.

ive stayed within the rules and poke fun at him, a lot, granted, blunt and to the point but all true and none of it are lies.
    No, you've hounded him and berated him constantly, repeating yourself over and over to tell him what an idiot he is. There comes a point where it goes beyond "stating an opinion" and heads through "baiting" and straight into "bullying". You passed that point about 15 pages ago.

In case you hadn't noticed, that's against the rules.

So...either stop, or go to the cooler. It's entirely your choice. Further discussion is not required.
    Hugs?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Let's not lose this thread after 53 pages, even if it is a bit of a (no) car crash.
    It doesn't affect my life if Emp is incapable of buying a car, or taking our advice about it, so try not to let it affect yours.
    I still have no idea how his head works though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27467
    Emp_Fab said:
    celentium said:
    Blatent troll job now, nobody is this incompetent. 
    I am.  :)
    There are 2 ways of reading that comment and the reply.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Emp_Fab said:
    welshboyo said:
    If you are prepared to travel a bit then there is a Veloster in Green with Auto box in St Austell (108 miles from me in West Wales!!) - this is an approved used Hyundai (Hawkins Motors, St Austell) - have you even attempted speaking to a local Hyundai dealer to see if they have access to the UK approved stock - this is the experience I have had with BMW/Merc/Audi (ok, I admit a higher price bracket) - they will get a car down for you from the national approved used stock if you are serious. 

If you are concerned about damage etc then you are looking in the wrong places - shady dealers from AT are not the places to be looking - they buy them at auction, give them a wash and put them out on the forecourt whilst crossing their fingers behind their back that it won't break in the 1 month means fuck all warranty they give you...

At least with an approved used car you get some form of push back if needed and I won't buy elsewhere.

And another thing.....if you were buying a high performance supercar then I can understand the inspection piece (I did it with my 911), but we are talking a 2nd hand Hyundai here not a Bugatti
    Thanks for the heads-up @welshboyo ; What's so special about "approved stock" then?  Why am I likely to get more "pushback" than from an independent?
    When I bought my VW Caddy Maxi I bought it sight unseen. Granted it was 2 years old and covered by manufacturers warranty. But rather than travel from Nottingham to Ashford Kent when they offered to deliver, free I accepted, paid in full and it was with me  at 8:30 the following morning. They did do a walkround video inside and out for me prior, and I did ask a few questions which they answered to my satisfaction. Buying from a main dealer gives you a lot of clout. You pay for it but it seems to me you might figure it's worth the extra than buying from a backstreet cowboy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Is there?  My response was genuine!  I'll readily hold my hand up to the charge of being incompetent at buying a car!

I mean, look at it!  I'm clearly utterly useless at making a decision!  Fifty-odd pages of lurching from one decision to the next!

Hand-on-heart - I'm not trolling!  I really am this indecisive!  You should see me in the Chinese takeaway!  Over a hundred dishes to choose from!!

I remember going there one night with a mate and we were so indecisive (and stoned!) we came out of there with nothing more than one carton of boiled rice and a bottle of coke..... between us!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s not the incompetence of buying a car that is baffling but the inability to take anything said onboard.

(that’s not insulting is it?!)
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    Emp_Fab said:
    Is there?  My response was genuine!  I'll readily hold my hand up to the charge of being incompetent at buying a car!

I mean, look at it!  I'm clearly utterly useless at making a decision!  Fifty-odd pages of lurching from one decision to the next!

Hand-on-heart - I'm not trolling!  I really am this indecisive!  You should see me in the Chinese takeaway!  Over a hundred dishes to choose from!!

I remember going there one night with a mate and we were so indecisive (and stoned!) we came out of there with nothing more than one carton of boiled rice and a bottle of coke..... between us!
    So...if we see a “buying a Chinese?” thread should we stay away?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    (and stoned!) 
    wew lad, slow down!

Bye!

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Not sure how anyone can get so wound up by this thread. Treat it in the spirit it’s meant, and if you’re a killjoy by nature, there are plenty of other threads you can suck the fun out of. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Not sure how anyone can get so wound up by this thread. Treat it in the spirit it’s meant, and if you’re a killjoy by nature, there are plenty of other threads you can suck the fun out of. 
    I personally find it offensive when someone spends time to help him look online and find a car, do some digging, obviously filtered out the bad ones, find a car or a few cars that fits the criteria that he sets out, weird as they are.

post them, only for him to dismiss them for something else he never mentioned in the first place.

it feels like a slap in the face and a complete waste of time.  The least he can do is say thank you.
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27467
    Emp_Fab said:
    I remember going there one night with a mate 
    C'mon -just how gullible do you think we are ???

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7784
    edited July 2019
    I personally find it offensive when someone spends time to help him look online and find a car, do some digging, obviously filtered out the bad ones, find a car or a few cars that fits the criteria that he sets out, weird as they are.

post them, only for him to dismiss them for something else he never mentioned in the first place.

it feels like a slap in the face and a complete waste of time.  The least he can do is say thank you.

You're not going to let this drop, are you ?

I'd go and sit in the garden, maybe read a book.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795

You can’t possibly complain about having your time wasted when you take into account the shear number of posts you’ve made in this thread. Never mind that you know you’ve been on his ignore list for (p)ages. 

If if you were that bothered about your time you should have stepped away from this thread ages ago rather than carry on with your crusade against Emp. I can’t say you’ve come out of this thread looking very good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620

Wow. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    [slartibartfast mode] Those of us who haven’t got tinnitus might be hearing a faint tinkling. That’s the sound of the key ring which @Bridgehouse has just passed to me. The cooler keys themselves have more of a jangle.

For frequent visitors we also have an oubliette. That doesn’t have a key, but the stone slab grates as we slide it open. @digitalscream has borrowed my crowbar, but I’ve got a spare somewhere.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited July 2019
    the_jaffa said:

You can’t possibly complain about having your time wasted when you take into account the shear number of posts you’ve made in this thread. Never mind that you know you’ve been on his ignore list for (p)ages. 

If if you were that bothered about your time you should have stepped away from this thread ages ago rather than carry on with your crusade against Emp. I can’t say you’ve come out of this thread looking very good. 
    I’m trying to get this thread to 100 pages...

honestly I just don’t understand a single thing going on in this thread.  In one hand you guys says it’s light hearted but I don’t understand the desperation for a car every week? Was it all one big lie?  Or was that the joke? And why did Emp tell Oxygen to F off for making a joke?!  Is it serious or is it a joke?

First he ask for help in the start, you can see that I tried to help him, a lot. I linked him to the MOT history checks, gave him tips, car suggestions back and forth for months........he kept knocking it back and I kept suggesting, but eventually something in me snapped and I realised it was all a waste of time having never encountered someone like this 20+ years on the internet.

i totally get that this thread don’t make the best reading of my character, it is probably best for me to step away from this thread, I too do realise that.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom