Cars you miss

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• AdiAdi Frets: 331
    the_jaffa said:
    My BMW E30 M3

It was written off in the 2007 Sheffield flood. Never mind the small matter of what they’re worth these days, it was a lovely car that was a bit of a dream to actually get to own. Not super fast by today’s standards at all but there was definitely something special about the way it drove and it looked fantastic. 
    What a shame, I absolutely adore the E30 series , especially such a rare car like the M3. I'm actually picking up my M4 coupe tomorrow, I've never had any of the M cars before so I'm really pumped!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I sold my E93 M3 a couple of weeks back. I miss her :-( Lovely car to drive, very forgiving and made a nice noise when pushed. They are not that quick by modern standards, but a lot of fun and always felt a little bit special.

The E30's were lovely, are they not super rare?
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Jimbro66 said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Fiat Barchetta. 2 seat convertible, left hand drive. So pretty, firecracker engine and so much fun...

Had to give it up when the kids came along.

Now, 18 years on: son about to depart for uni., I just went full circle and scored a Fiat 124 Spider. 2 seats, convertible, pretty, and right hand drive
    My neighbour has one of those. A really good looking car and apparently fun to drive. I think Fiat stopped bringing them to the UK a few months ago so they may well become a desirable classic  -  if they last.
    Why thank you. It’s great: the guts are pure Mazda MX5, with a Fiat engine and body. The theory, I guess, is Japanese quality engineering and reliability, with Italian flair for the aesthetics. 

Not sure who did the wiring...

We’ll see :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    JerkMoans said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Fiat Barchetta. 2 seat convertible, left hand drive. So pretty, firecracker engine and so much fun...

Had to give it up when the kids came along.

Now, 18 years on: son about to depart for uni., I just went full circle and scored a Fiat 124 Spider. 2 seats, convertible, pretty, and right hand drive
    My neighbour has one of those. A really good looking car and apparently fun to drive. I think Fiat stopped bringing them to the UK a few months ago so they may well become a desirable classic  -  if they last.
    Why thank you. It’s great: the guts are pure Mazda MX5, with a Fiat engine and body. The theory, I guess, is Japanese quality engineering and reliability, with Italian flair for the aesthetics. 

Not sure who did the wiring...

We’ll see :D 
    If anyone’s interested, here’s me and the boy taking the last drive in the Barchetta when I took it to be sold, as against the new ride. Compare and contrast :)

https://imgur.com/a/JUqqfOe
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer