SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

fs/FT: My dr. z EZG 50 for something a bit smaller (20 watts or so) or £1,000

bermudianbritbermudianbrit Frets: 171
edited October 2019 in Amps £
Hi all

So I currently have a Dr. Z EZG 50, which is a truly fantastic pedal platform. However, the truth is that its just not getting the play its supposed to get. Its all the fendery clean tones you could want, but I can't exactly wind it up in a flat. I am also buying a house, so am not averse to cash at this stage.
I am looking for something smaller, also valve, that is a touch more manageable, but still has amazing clean tones. The amp has been played in the flat and in a few rehearsal rooms. It has also been fitted with external bias points by its previous owner. 
Trade or straight purchase only, I'm not interested in further expenditure

What you got?

Matt

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    Email Mike Zaite and ask if it could take 6v6's maybe with a different rectifier. I also do know I had some info from him about different rectifiers in the EZG with 6L6's and there were options. 5U4 or 5U4GB,  or 5V4's will lower the output power, but it will need rebiasing (not too much of a problem as  had it modded and bias pots fitted).

PM me and I'll forward the info I got.

Have you tried an attenuator? I found the Hotplate worked well with this amp. Better than the full fat Dr Z Airbrake. Will drop the volume by 8dB without too much noticeable tone loss.

• bump. still considering doing this. If anyone has a suitable 1x12 combo, I'll throw in the celestian gold 1x12 I have for it too, but would prefer to not do that if given a choice.
  • do you have a sale price and can you post it?
  • no postage I'm afraid. Its heavy and delicate enough that that would be quite risky/prohibative. sale price £1,000
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    I’ve got one of these puppies and it’s a fantastic amp and perfectly usable at sensible volumes with a decent attenuator

I find they don’t like Power Stations too much (get buzzy when your push the power valves) but it works beautifully with a Rock Crusher and they’re available at sensible money (I sold and later re-bought mine on the forum for £250)

Keep it - there’s no replacement for displacement! 

The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • do you have any photos?
  • yep. give me a few days though, am blind so will wait til my partner comes over for a few days so she can take some in-focus shots.

• JalfreziJalfrezi Frets: 55
    PM'd
    my trading feedback HERE
  • this is still a thing. Purchase option also if preferred.
  • this is still on offer
  • KimKim Frets: 31
    Headstrong little king s?
  • bump