SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: Patrick James Eggle '96

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
As the title,  I'm looking for a Patrick James Eggle '96. 

I'll consider most varients but would prefer the contemporary range to the vintage range. 

My budget might not be quite there yet,  although I have a good chunk ready to go.  I also have a lovely Rob Williams I could add as a part exchange:
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/159943/fs-a-couple-of-posh-strats-not-fender

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I was where you are a couple of weeks ago I.e. deciding vintage or contemporary. A vintage came up and it’s wonderful. Good purchase  :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    Yes @hotpickups - I think you bought the one I was admiring in here?  I would have gone for it but didn't have the cash at the time.  

I've seen a nice HH contemporary one but it's a bit more than I can afford until I sell the Rob Williams. 
    RevMatt said:
    Yes @hotpickups - I think you bought the one I was admiring in here?  I would have gone for it but didn't have the cash at the time.  

I've seen a nice HH contemporary one but it's a bit more than I can afford until I sell the Rob Williams. 
    Yeah I took the plunge before I sold my les Paul which is still for sale even more so now. Rare as hens teeth those guitars are it seems 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I have the one that was reviewed in Guitarist.
    It's not for sale but I'd encourage you to get one. They are awesome. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Peach had a second hand at a great price - £2199
    edited July 2019
    ennspek said:

I'd encourage you to get one. They are awesome. 
    That's good to know...

chris78 said:

And that's the one I'm just in the process of buying! Thanks @chris78 ;;

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Good choice @RevMatt ;
    Ive played that guitar in Peach and it’s very lovely indeed
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    RevMatt said:
    ennspek said:

I'd encourage you to get one. They are awesome. 
    That's good to know...

chris78 said:

And that's the one I'm just in the process of buying! Thanks @chris78 ;;

Waiting for the NGD thread !
    edited July 2019
    DrBob said:

I'm unlikely to get round to a NGD thread in the near future, so for now, I found this picture of Patrick at NAMM 2018 with my new '96 HH Reverse (the guy on the left is John from Peach)....

And, if I've copied the link right a little interview in which Pat gives an overview: 
    RevMatt said:
    DrBob said:

I'm unlikely to get round to a NGD thread in the near future, so for now, I found this picture of Patrick at NAMM 2018 with my new '96 HH Reverse (the guy on the left is John from Peach)....

And, if I've copied the link right a little interview in which Pat gives an overview: 
    So you actually got the one from peach then @RevMatt ;
    Yes, @hotpickups - the very one pictured above and featured in the vid.
    edited July 2019
    RevMatt said:
    Yes, @hotpickups - the very one pictured above and featured in the vid.
    Great feeling guitars aren’t they. I love mine
    edited July 2019

Yes, the quality is exceptional, and the neck and fretwork is flawless. It really is a beautiful guitar and tonally brilliant - I'm particularly impressed with the split coil sounds.

I have to confess that from a playing point of view it feels a little alien to me, which is a shame - I think this is down to the 25.5 scale length giving a slightly stiffer feel than I'm used to combined with the 'shallow c' neck, which actually feels like quite a full C to me. So, I'm going to have to spend a bit of time getting to know it a bit...

EDIT: I've tweaked the set up (replacing the 10s for 9s and lowering the action a tad) and it's made a massive difference to how the guitar feels to me - the neck is still a tad fuller than I'm used to on a Strat, but already it feels so much more slinky and familiar - I think I'm going to enjoy getting to know this one. :-) 
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    RevMatt said:

Yes, the quality is exceptional, and the neck and fretwork is flawless. It really is a beautiful guitar and tonally brilliant - I'm particularly impressed with the split coil sounds.

I have to confess that from a playing point of view it feels a little alien to me, which is a shame - I think this is down to the 25.5 scale length giving a slightly stiffer feel than I'm used to combined with the 'shallow c' neck, which actually feels like quite a full C to me. So, I'm going to have to spend a bit of time getting to know it a bit...

EDIT: I've tweaked the set up (replacing the 10s for 9s and lowering the action a tad) and it's made a massive difference to how the guitar feels to me - the neck is still a tad fuller than I'm used to on a Strat, but already it feels so much more slinky and familiar - I think I'm going to enjoy getting to know this one. :-) 
    Congrats, I think they're superb guitars.
    Theres just something about them, everything is just put together so well.
    Thanks @andy1839 - that's 2 bucket list guitars this year, the PJE and your former Tremonti.

Happy times!
    RevMatt said:
    Thanks @andy1839 - that's 2 bucket list guitars this year, the PJE and your former Tremonti.

Happy times!
    Good stuff, you still got it?
    andy1839 said:
    RevMatt said:

Happy times!
    I certainly have :)
    RevMatt said:
    andy1839 said:
    RevMatt said:

Happy times!
    I certainly have :)
    That is a cracking guitar, really a standout one, playing and sounding.  
    Glad you've still got it.
    And now the 96, great gas!