• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    He'll be All Right Now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    A nightmare surely?!
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    Well, he originally played bass... and he has a beard a bit like Entwistle. Probably be fine.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    He was in Queen for a bit so it's not daft. My mate posted a recent ish clip of Paul singing Fire and Water then Free doing it (back in the day) and there wasn't much difference vocally. He's proper is Paul.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Rodgers should team up with Bonamassa and murder any old Chicago blues that they haven’t individually murdered already. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    If you had a youtube channel you could get a series of 7 click-bait videos out of that. 

"Paul rodgers joining  The Who??!?" <insert shocked selfie with dayglo outline>
    Red ones are better. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Rodgers should team up with Bonamassa and murder any old Chicago blues that they haven’t individually murdered already. 
    He’s already done that.  ;)

Anyway Daltrey is and will always be the voice of the Who. Once he or Townshend shuffle off the mortal coil the band needs to end. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Paul Rogers - Roger Daltrey.
    Coincidence? I think not.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    I'm a big fan of PR - Great voice  - Just enough gravel in it - But as smooth as Lindt - IMO best rock/blues voice and can still sing today

But he is no SUBSTITUTE for RD in The Who

@pintspiller - I can't explain your thought pattern ref this op
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    boogieman said:

Anyway Daltrey is and will always be the voice of the Who. Once he or Townshend shuffle off the mortal coil the band needs to end. 
    Rodgers did that awful Muddy Waters tribute and Bonamassa did the equally awful Waters-Wolf album of covers. Combined I'm sure there are some other blues greats who's graves they can piss on. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    To be fair it couldn't be any worse than the performance the who put on last weekend at Wembley, it was incredibly poor, I left 45mins before the end, and there were lots of people leaving the same time as me.

Good job Eddie Vedder was awesome in support of them. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Is Bad Co at an end then? I did wonder when Ralphs had the stroke a while back. 

Free are still my favourite listen. So soulful. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    hywelg said:
    Is Bad Co at an end then? I did wonder when Ralphs had the stroke a while back. 

Free are still my favourite listen. So soulful. 
    I agree about Free - And when you look back, they were all teenagers - Younger than McFly or Take That - So look at what they wrote/recorded at such a young age - Remarkable - Some will say you get better with age/experience - They never got the chance - But what they left us with, we can treasure and enjoy for many years - Maybe part of the magic of say Jimi H, Free and Fleetwood Mac with Pete, all from the similar era, is that all their work was compressed into only a couple of years
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I know Daltrey is on his last legs as far as his voice goes. He is a legend, but probably should knock the touring in the head.

Why I dreamed about it is another matter!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I know Daltrey is on his last legs as far as his voice goes. He is a legend, but probably should knock the touring in the head.

Why I dreamed about it is another matter!

They were genuinely shocking, and I don't mind their music normally. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    boogieman said:

Rodgers did that awful Muddy Waters tribute 
    I liked that. Still an occasional “in the car” listen for me.