Musicians? Where do you find them?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
Looking to get a new drummer and wondering where you find them? Currently used Starmix, Join my band and Bandmix.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    Jetfire said:
    Looking to get a new drummer and wondering where you find them?
    Homeless shelters?

I've always used JoinMyBand, but it's a painful process.  When you are answering emails to people that you haven't seen and who have a user name but then switch to real name, different people asking similar questions etc it's amazing how quickly you loose track.  I ended up creating a spreadsheet to track where I was up to with each person.

You can't beat going to the trouble of replying to someone carefully answering all their questions about band line up, where and when you practice, gigs already booked and attaching a full set list only to hear nothing back for several days then receiving a message to say "what type music you play?"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    Facebook 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Not on here, we are all too busy talking about guitars.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    There’s probably a drummers’ forum where people are asking “anyone know where I can find a guitarist?”
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited July 2019
    Pubs. That's my favorite habitat to hunter gather and herd with other musicians. More seriously I've actually found a singer and a drummer off Gumtree. 
  • Joinmyband is where I found our most recent guitarist+drummer. When the band formed in 2008 it was all about musofinder, but I don't think anyone really uses it now.

Bye!

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    I used Gumtree to find my old bands vocalist and bassist. You do get a lot of weirdos on there as it’s a free listing site. Same with Joinmyband, usually full of 13 year old kids who haven’t got much idea on being in a band.

Also knowing other bands on the scene will help, networking at local venues, etc. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Join my band sometimes. Best contacts are people you know who are looking or know someone that's looking. Attending jam nights gets you seen and you see who is about, again mentioning your availability or requirements has fairly direct results from others that are doers rather than bedroom fantisists. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    mike dolbear forum is a big one for drummers 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    or just tag Hester, Tom & Tom, Sutor and that lot on FB and ask if they know people down your way 
    Red ones are better. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Make your mind up. Are you seeking musicians or drummers? :)
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom