SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Panda Particle V2

What's Hot
CastroCastro Frets: 510
edited September 2019 in FX £
I'm looking for some wacky pedals to start an ambient/weird music project. 

Assume that I know little or nothing about what's out there so I will have to do my research on stuff you suggest.

https://i.imgur.com/S8l6vNp.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    It's a shame you missed most of @Paul_C selling off his wacky pedals, but he still may have more. 

I'd recommend an Earthquaker Devices Data Corrupter, the new Chase Bliss MOOD, the Walrus Audio Slo, the Dwarfcraft Grazer, anything Meris, lots of Old Blood Noise Endeavours pedals...

Oh, and when you start recording it, PM me some vids/recordings. This is my jam. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 510
    @joetele thanks for the suggestions I feel a lengthy YouTube session is ahead of me.
    Castro said:
    @joetele thanks for the suggestions I feel a lengthy YouTube session is ahead of me.
    Recommended Youtube channels for these kinds of effects - The Pedal Zone, Collector/Emitter, and Knobs. But be warned, it's a HUGE rabbit-hole....
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12880
    edited July 2019

The Malekko Lofi EKKO Mk2 I'm selling is definitely capable of being weird. As an added bonus it'll do normal sounds too

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/159804/fs-malekko-lofi-ekko-616-mk2-delay-echo#latest

Meant to mention, the Zoom MS70CDR I'm considering selling has a Slicer which approximates a Boss Slicer without the horrendous price tag, and also with the Pitch Delay setting can do a good impression of an Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine. As well as a ton of amazing delays and reverbs... £50 posted would do it. 

(also selling a couple of little Korg Monotron synth units, £50 for the pair) 
    @joetele and @UnclePsychosis I will check out those pedals tonight.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    joetele said:
    It's a shame you missed most of @Paul_C selling off his wacky pedals, but he still may have more. 

I'd recommend an Earthquaker Devices Data Corrupter, the new Chase Bliss MOOD, the Walrus Audio Slo, the Dwarfcraft Grazer, anything Meris, lots of Old Blood Noise Endeavours pedals...

Oh, and when you start recording it, PM me some vids/recordings. This is my jam. 
    I'd pick the Ghost Fax over the Grazer because I kept one and sold the other ;) but I did enjoy having the Grazer.

. . . as for "approximates a Boss Slicer without the horrendous price tag" I'd be surprised if it got anywhere near the variety of the Slicer, which I don't intend to sell anytime soon - that isn't say it isn't worth considering in its own right, and £50 says "worth a punt" to me ;)

The Particle, BitQuest and Count To 5 are all permanent fixtures for me (along with the ever-present Miku :) ). I'd suggest the Catalinbread CSIDMAN, Alexander System Error and Subdecay Vitruvian Mod are worth considering too.

I do have a few things still for sale:

Line 6 DM4 (inc. power supply) - £50
    Boss RC-1 (box etc.) - £45
    EQD Spatial Delivery - £120
    EHX 8 Step Program - £80
    Behringer FX600 - £40 (modded by Simon The Magpie)
    Alexander Colour Theory - £120

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I have an Arpanoid and Dwarfcraf Happiness that I'm considering selling. Irrespective of that, its worth you checking them out
    @hubobulous ;PM me with prices.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Not listed this anywhere yet, but have a Catalinbread CSIDMAN I was getting ready to part with.  Let me know if it's something you might be interested in.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    Not listed this anywhere yet, but have a Catalinbread CSIDMAN I was getting ready to part with.  Let me know if it's something you might be interested in.
    If Castro isn't, I've an idea @joetele would like one.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Paul_C said:
    I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it, although I'm supposed to be saving to pay for a new pedalboard and expression pedal, and the bloody Boss SY-1
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    joetele said:
    Paul_C said:
    I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it, although I'm supposed to be saving to pay for a new pedalboard and expression pedal, and the bloody Boss SY-1
    It's basically a digital delay with added Latch and Cuts controls.  The Latch determines the probability it will skip/glitch...dial it down, you get a straight-up delay, and as you edge it up higher you'll get increasingly more random glitching.  I'd be at great pains to highlight the "random" bit here.  It's random.  Don't expect to be able to trigger glitch noises at will, they happen when the happen, and yo just go with it!  The Cuts determines the size of slices of buffer memory that get recycled during a glitch...lower means fewer cuts, hence bigger slices, hence more hiccup/stutter-type noises.  The higher you set Cuts, the smaller the slices, and the glitch takes on a more feedback-y type of tone..kind of a digital squeal/shriek.  The Latch/Cuts do interact with the Feedback and Time settings, so you can get a cool range of tones, from occasional stutters to walls of shrieking noise.  It's a pretty unique delay, but you can tame it to fit with the level of chaos you're after (or set Latch to zero and just use it as a digital delay). 

As usual, the Andy PGS video is a good demo of what it's all about.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    Hup!
    So far I have picked up: Walrus Descent, Hologram Infinite Jets, Boss Slicer, EHX Superego and a smallsound bigsound mini.
    Still fancy the Red Panda Particle and MWfx Judder.
    Fancy an Electronic Audio Experiments Dagger overdrive to pair with the Mini? 

Bloody lovely selection of pedals you've bought so far though...enviable. 
    @joetele I think next on my list will be the Particle or Dr Scientist Bitquest. Let me check out the AE Dagger as that is new to me.
    This one's the best demo I could find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35jntixmRc

Aiming for £200 for the Red Panda and £175 for the Bitquest.