Instagram algorhithm

Not liking the new algorithm being used on Instagram. I probably expect most of you don't give a shit about the social media stuff but to promote my business its important to me. This month my posts have only been seen by 7% of my followers so there's something different about the way people see posts.

Are there any social media experts on here on how to beat this? I've seen methods like reducing hashtags, posting at certain times (I usually post in the evenings due to more people being able to see it) and putting the hashtags as comments rather than the post.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    I thought Instagram showed everything to followers? Is it starting to "curate" (sic) the feed now, like Facebook?
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    I've only really started following things on Instagram but I have noticed that there seems to be more on peoples "stories" than appear from them on my "newsfeed"....apologies for the luddite terminology
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    Snags said:
    I thought Instagram showed everything to followers? Is it starting to "curate" (sic) the feed now, like Facebook?
    It does but only a small proportion see it due to some new algorithm thing that's come in. I've noticed a drop in views this month in particular.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    From.what I'm hearing it's analogous to the changes they made Facebook which (deliberately) limited reach for businesses and pages - the result being you need to start using paid promotion to get decent reach. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited July 2019
    How long before they butcher instagram as much as facebook? 

The social media cycle...
    Zuckerberg slowly ramps up income seeking changes... people then get annoyed... eventually the masses flock elsewhere... people love it and becomes really popular... zuckerberg buys that platform... back to the start...
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    TimmyO said:
    From.what I'm hearing it's analogous to the changes they made Facebook which (deliberately) limited reach for businesses and pages - the result being you need to start using paid promotion to get decent reach. 
    Seems to be going that way yeah.