SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Custom Shop '59 RI 345 For Sale £2250

What's Hot
shugzshugz Frets: 768
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
Hi,

For sale, 2014 Gibson CS Memphis '59 RI 345.

Guitar as new, no issues or any changes from new at all. Minty mint and comes fully setup, new strings, Gibson CS case and COA. A beautiful guitar. Demo here as well (there's a few others of this guitar on there too if you can be bothered):

Price is £2250

Delivery - no real wish to post but I'm happy to meet somewhere to do the deal or you're most welcome to view the guitar in Glasgow. Edit: I may ship to the UK if required (at cost/ fully insured). 

Full folder of pics awaits as well - I can email or WhatsApp them on. Some here too:

http://imgur.com/QjbRgx4

http://imgur.com/9faGq74

http://imgur.com/jYwXoz6

I find PMs on here sometimes don't notify so if you are interested in the 345 then please, email me on the address below as well as sending a PM, thanks.

shooyboy 'at' gmail 'dot' com

Thanks for looking
Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    Sweet. Not a Historic model - those are only made in Nashville. It might be worth mentioning that it's a '59 reissue, though, which are less common than the '64 345 reissues.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Amended. Vintage I know but the last few years of Gibson modern, minefield to me.

Nice ES regardless, thanks muchly for the info.

H

www.proudhoney.com

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    What is the neck profile? 
    It's a fair 'chunk' but not say like a Fender U or maybe even like some later 60s Les Pauls. I'd say it's in between a standard R8 and R9 type of carve so has a large profile but I find easy enough to play. Definitely not 60s generic slim taper like a lot of modern ES.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1410
    Brize said:
    Sweet. Not a Historic model - those are only made in Nashville. It might be worth mentioning that it's a '59 reissue, though, which are less common than the '64 345 reissues.
    No this isn’t quite true. They make Historics in both Nashville and Memphis, but they also make the standard line in Memphis and still call it custom shop! Serial number format is the easiest way to identify the difference. Non historics have a modern stamped serial number on the back of the headstock and no serial number on the internal label. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897
    I’ve played this guitar and it’s VERY nice GLWS Shugzs
    This doesnt have the larger, indented stamp on the back of the headstock. It has nothing there.

Part serial is AO46xx

Many thanks 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

edited July 2019
    hyperben said:
    Brize said:
    No this isn’t quite true. They make Historics in both Nashville and Memphis, but they also make the standard line in Memphis and still call it custom shop! Serial number format is the easiest way to identify the difference. Non historics have a modern stamped serial number on the back of the headstock and no serial number on the internal label. 
    I know what you're trying to say - that Memphis make 'year' reissues in addition to modern ES guitars, which is true. However, the 'year' reissue guitars that come out of Memphis have never been called Historics.
    Appreciated.

If I could say - I do understand the Nashville/ Memphis terms 'Historic'. In my early ad, I was simply saying it was a reissue along the lines of an old one. Not going Memphis vs Nashville etc etc. I'm happy with the ad now and hope it's clear what this guitar is and what it isn't.

Thanks to all so far for the input.

H

www.proudhoney.com

Hi Hugh,

Apologies for intruding on your thread with geekery!

For what it's worth, I've always preferred the Memphis ES guitars to the Nashville ones. Bizarrely, Nashville can't even get the ear shape correct on the 60s ES guitars that they reissue but, more importantly, the Memphis guitars play and sound better for my money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh no, dont be daft - any info is appreciated and genuinely good of you. I used to know my modern Gibsons but I have to say these days I'm very happy to pick up on any info anyone is kind enough to send on. I suppose I just want the ad to be correct and folk know what it is and what they'd be signing up for.

I have an older Nash '63 RI with the tomato soup (wrong) finish and the silly earlier MM ears. It is a great guitar though - a great if not very accurate reish. 

This 345 here really is great, very impressed with it but I go for my old cherry 63RI just sort of old jacket/ new jacket syndrome. I think if anyone likes their ES' this would impress. 

Thanks again
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1410
    Brize said:
    hyperben said:
    Brize said:
    I know what you're trying to say - that Memphis make 'year' reissues in addition to modern ES guitars, which is true. However, the 'year' reissue guitars that come out of Memphis have never been called Historics.
    Oh right. I never realised they didn’t have Historic in the name  =)
    2 lols - excellent 

www.proudhoney.com

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    shugz said:
    2 lols - excellent 

But they wouldn't say no if they had the money
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    edited July 2019
    shugz said:
    2 lols - excellent 

Yep I think I have had my fill of the classifieds section, great guitar at a fair price with flexibility for negotiation why people are so sad that they feel the need is beyond me. 
  • Smashing guitar! Had lots of fun on it with the variatone switch and my 63 VVRI  :)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156358428300897&id=676895896
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Peace, love and good shoes all round. The lols made me lol and the fact my 2 lols post garnered more lols than the original post raised a further lol too.

Lols - good for the soul. 

Onwards.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    345 still available. 

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

Bump for a nice ES - happy to listen to sensible offers and/ or trades. Again, no guarantees of acceptance but always happy to listen.

Many thanks 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

Priced to £2400 ono and will consider shipping (at cost/ insured only). Trades for interesting vintage or reissue. Might accept a part trade too. 

Beauty of an ES, deserves to be played and I'm not doing that just now. Clip here as well, just ruff stuff front room warrior etc etc

Thanks for looking,
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com