SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1969 Fender Coronado II Olympic White *price drop £1400*

St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
edited July 2019 in Guitars £
Sold, pending collection.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UMiZYL7

Reduced to £1400 for quick sale

This 1969 coronado is a heck of a head turner, and has been played on a recent album that went to #12 in the UK charts. It sounds great, from sublime clean to a bark, and recently set up by pro guitar tech. The Coronado model was most notably favoured by Elvis Presley.

Olympic white, that has changed over time to a TV yellow-ish as with a lot of old blonde Fenders. It comes with original, slightly battered case, and is to my knowledge all original except the strap buttons which look newer.

The original owner, hilariously, lightly scratched some notes (five in total) into the pearl inlays as seen in the pics. What were they thinking?! But very superficial and can only be seen up close. I bought this from my trusted New York guitar dealer. 

As referenced earlier, this beauty was played by Gaz Coombes on his 2018 album 'World's Strongest Man' by Gaz Coombes, and taken on the road for subsequent tour. Can provide pics for any interested buyers for the sake of provenance. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    @DrCornelius is a big Gaz Coombes fan 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5833
    Wow, that is lovely, especially how the finish as aged. Shame about the vandalism to the Inlays though, as you say, what were they thinking.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Thanks @mikeyrob73 !

Its more my Mrs actually although I do think he writes a fantastic tune - nice bloke too and his guitarist isn’t a bad chap either :-)

Unfortunately Im poorer than a church mouse whose wife has run off with all the cheese :-(
    Why oh why did I click on that bloody link !
  • Stunning colour - absolute wow!! 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Sorry Con :-)
  • St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    edited July 2019
    Thanks @mikeyrob73 !

Its more my Mrs actually although I do think he writes a fantastic tune - nice bloke too and his guitarist isn’t a bad chap either :-)

Unfortunately Im poorer than a church mouse whose wife has run off with all the cheese :-(
    I've heard rumours his guitarist is a bloody nightmare diva, lol! Hope you and the good lady are well mate
    Thanks @mikeyrob73 !

I've heard rumours his guitarist is a bloody nightmare diva, lol! Hope you and the good lady are well mate
    Cheers Nick and same to you , looking forward to a post gig pint with you when you are next down these parts. Loving your work as always :-)
    Bump! Price drop to £1500. You know you want to...
    Weekend bump!
    Ok guys...last price drop - £1400 delivered. For a sexy guitar like this with real life rock n' roll, chart straddling credentials, that is a steal!
  • Can't believe this is still for sale.
    Absolute stunner, love that colour and a bit of history too. Have a bump. 
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 207
    any interest in a trade for a cherry Gibson es 335 dot 2013 or olympic white American vintage 65 strat plus cash?

bloomer said:
    any interest in a trade for a cherry Gibson es 335 dot 2013 or olympic white American vintage 65 strat plus cash?

PM'd mate.

• donbotdonbot Frets: 359
    Loving this. I don’t have a semi but now I have a semi for a semi!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Cool guitar. I know Gaz too, and he's cool as well.
    Lebarque said:
    Cool guitar. I know Gaz too, and he's cool as well.
    He's a top fella, no doubting that. Proof that you can be super talented and successful, and a decent person. A rare breed!