Danocaster Guitars Shut Down

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    The offset on Reverb is cracking looking
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    edited July 2019
    Golly but some of those single cuts are very lovely.
    The most surprising thing is the Ron Ellis pickups.
    That filter is actually not the best one... try setting the shipping to anywhere, and you'll get some more hits:

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=DANOCASTER&show_only_sold=true&sort=price|desc&ships_to=XX
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    I was on the tele forum before this page and the guys on there all used to go nuts for Dan's stuff. I've never had the pleasure of playing one, but good luck to the guy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    Before Dan everyone went nuts for GVCG's. There's always another builder. Fender will be happy, they were pretty pissed when Keith Urban was photographed for his new CD with a Dano a few years back. 
    Meanwhile the silly sellers are out in force, at the moment you can buy a genuine '62 for the price of a double cut Danocaster....lol. Outside of the guitar forums and social media no guitarist has heard of him. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Are GVCG building again? I found an article online but I wasn’t sure how fresh the info was. Had to laugh at this reverb listing though.. “rare F logo”. Yeah... really “rare”. 

https://i.imgur.com/vZcf10b.png

https://i.imgur.com/DWJggfP.png
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    Apparently so. 

'BIG announcement:

Fresh off 170 dates with Roger Waters as his band leader, backing vocalist and lead guitarist Jonathan Wilson is proud to announce his partnering with Destroy All Guitars as he once again launches GVCG Guitars. Jonathan will be serving up some of the finest S & T style guitars under the sun with the same unparalleled quality as Greenwich Village Custom Guitars so famously did in the past. Jonathan is turning up the gas and firing up a new, bigger facility to meet what will surely be a huge demand.

The Teles will be the light Ultimate 55s. The Strats will be the 55 Maple Neck White Blonde and the Aged Olympic White 63 (rosewood fingerboard). Look out because we just think this is the biggest thing ever... EVER!

Stay tuned for more'

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    Jonathan Wilson is a really great guitarist, singer and songwriter. 

I saw him at Gorilla around 2013 (I think @Basher came too?) using his self-build telecaster.

He's playing Birmingham Hare & Hounds tonight so a rare chance to catch him if you are able!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    Hadn't really seen many Danocasters until I read this thread.
    Went to have a look & he did do some very nice looking stuff, but I would baulk at paying so much for what is effectively a Fender copy (I know, too simplistic).
    Have a look at the inner edge of the f-hole on this Thinline, I don't think I have seen anything that looked more like plywood  :) ;)

• BasherBasher Frets: 1198
    Jonathan Wilson is a really great guitarist, singer and songwriter. 

I saw him at Gorilla around 2013 (I think @Basher came too?) using his self-build telecaster.

He's playing Birmingham Hare & Hounds tonight so a rare chance to catch him if you are able!
    Yes @SteveRobinson - that was me.

Cracking performance and I was blown away by the whole band.

His own guitars look great and I've read that they're top notch instruments. Not sure if that will continue after the relaunch and upscaling.

Thankfully I'm already sorted in the quality blonde strat department from a supplier much nearer to home!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    The offer of a free refret in bigger wire is still on the table @Basher ;