Back Axe

What's Hot
AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 916
Hi folks,

Have any of you tried the Back Axe backpack-straps for carrying hardcases? http://www.backaxe.com/ I'm wondering whether to get one so I can carry my Hiscox case on my back and load into venues in one go...

Or can anyone suggest something similar that might not entail shipping & customs rates from the US?

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    What else are you carrying?  I like the idea but $45 + shipping + import duty is a lot plus it looks at first glance that you'd have to faff around putting the straps on and then taking them off in order to get the guitar out of the case.

Can the rest of your gear go into a rucksack?

For rehearsals I manage with guitar (Hiscox case) in one hand, Mixer (Mackie DL) in a case in the other then my Helix in a soft case with a strap plus a VoiceLive and a few leads, mic etc in a small rucksack.  As long as the rucksack is properly over both shoulders I can manage to go from car to rehearsal rooms including two flights of stairs (the PA, stands etc are all in a lockup).  I was thinking about combining stuff into one bigger rucksack having bought a 65L job from Tesco for £30 for my son's DofE weekend.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Not seen them before. Looks like a good idea
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Can buy a decent gig bag for not much more, which leaves your original case in perfect condition, which helps resale.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 916
    Musicwolf said:
    What else are you carrying?  I like the idea but $45 + shipping + import duty is a lot plus it looks at first glance that you'd have to faff around putting the straps on and then taking them off in order to get the guitar out of the case.

Can the rest of your gear go into a rucksack?
    Large-ish pedalboard in a flightcase in one hand, and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp in the other. For years I did carry my pedals around in a bag, but no longer, there's too many of them for starters...  :-)

octatonic said:
    Can buy a decent gig bag for not much more, which leaves your original case in perfect condition, which helps resale.
    Yeah, I have one of these too, but for some gigs I need the protection of the hard case when things are packed in a van, or when we fly and the guitar has to go in the hold, it would be good to be able to wear it on my back (sacrilege I know, but Hiscox cases in the hold are fine, and I don't want to risk turning up with a gig bag and then not being able to take it on board).
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Yeah, I have one of these too, but for some gigs I need the protection of the hard case when things are packed in a van, or when we fly and the guitar has to go in the hold, it would be good to be able to wear it on my back (sacrilege I know, but Hiscox cases in the hold are fine, and I don't want to risk turning up with a gig bag and then not being able to take it on board).
    I fly with one of my ergonomic headless guitars for this reason.
    They are the size of a large tennis racket and never had an issue getting one on a flight.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 916
    octatonic said:

I fly with one of my ergonomic headless guitars for this reason.
    They are the size of a large tennis racket and never had an issue getting one on a flight.
    Good call, maybe I need a new guitar, not a new way of carrying this one... ** fires up Reverb.com **
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    octatonic said:
    So the thing we have to protect the thing we want to look after has now become another thing we need to protect and look after?? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom