Vintage VS6 - Am I missing something....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    The history of the Vintage brand goes back a long way. When John Hornby Screws met penniless electric kazoo maker Hieronymous Vintage in 1909, he encouraged him to try making the new electric banjos that were taking the concert halls of Europe by storm.

Hieronymous took Hornby Screws's advice and opened up a chain of musical instrument shops called BanjoBanjo. Eventually the electric guitar craze in the 1950s put him out of business and the Vintage brand was taken over by John Hornby Screws III and to him we owe gratitude for a range of affordable, authentic electric guitars. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18677
     Thanks for all the replies folks, much appreciated!

You know, I think I'll leave it just as it is.
    Maybe just a Gibson style sticker on the headstock saying ''Authentic'.
    Good for you. You are not missing something, you are actually getting that the guitar is good & needs no apologies or excuses. Enjoy it  ;) :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4133
    I've got a Vintage VS6 - a later one than the OP that came with excellent Wilkinson pickups. I must admit I bought it during my "learning to tinker" phase so it's had active pickups in it and now a set of IronGear. But it didn't need them. The guitar is also a bit battered now I've let my sons have it.

However it's an absolutely fabulous guitar. I remember the day it was delivered and my first play made me think "oh shit, this feels as good as my Les Paul." Probably overdoing it, but it does feel good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom