CITES???

MickzepMickzep Frets: 1
Does anyone know how to legally sell a pre cbs rosewood slab strat without an article 10 in the UK?

I often wonder how shops like ATB and Vintage & Rare manage to import such guitars from the USA and sell them within the UK?

Any ideas??

cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    I suspect it’s one of those things that is technically illegal/impossible but so poorly policed/regulated that people just get away with it virtually all the time, like bad driving or yapping away on the phone in a quiet carriage. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    Mickzep said:
    Does anyone know how to legally sell a pre cbs rosewood slab strat without an article 10 in the UK?

You hit the nail on the head when you said legally - Doesn't matter if it is a shop that tries to sell it, or Mr Billy Punter via e-bay, FB or any other option, legally it requires an article 10 certificate - Not always easy to obtain either, as they require info, proof etc as to when you purchased it - If you admit that you acquired it after 1982 you won't get an article 10 certificate

However it is fair to say that very few are sold with such paperwork - DEFRA are probably over-stretched and under staffed - They have to look at illegal plants, animals as well - So as @Whitecat states above poorly policed/regulated

As for the 2 stores you mentioned, then I have no idea if they sell with or without
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    By the way - It is not illegal to own say a 62 pre-CBS Strat - It is illegal to try and sell without article 10 - I believe there is a policy/phrase that states it is not allowed to be used for commercial gains - That would include any paid work, like a studio session or a gig , without the appropriate paperwork - But who is to know if you gig with it or not !!!!!!!!!!