Writer's block in naming my new kitten.

What's Hot
LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
edited July 2019 in Off Topic
She's now 9 weeks old.
She's a very cool kitten but I want a name that'll be a cool name for when she's a cat.
Off the record I'm calling her these choice pet names I have that I'd causally call her anyway But... 
Registering her... A cool name...

I'm thinking Batman.
(Just because right)...

She has a brother cat (different cat but my first cat) with a 'catified' Muslim name (I didn't name him, but)... (I love that name he has).
Then he got out the house within minutes of bringing him home and I'm nursing a new kitten my friend kindly bought me the day I caught another registered missing cat last week when I thought it was my cat, got it scanned at the vet and found out it's micro chipped, it's missing, but it's not my cat, so I reunited a cat which was cool but it wasn't my new 2 year old cat with the cool 'catified' Muslim name, so I was thinking 'Mewhummid' for this new she cat... But she's not a boy, and unlike Batman, that fact matters to me for some reason with a name like 'Mewhummid'...

She reminds me of she looks like a UK Mars Bar / US Milky Way Bar squished open in colour;The black is the chocolate and the brown lines (she had those too with her black lines).
However, this is only visible in light, when it's dark, she looks like a black cat.
Night I got her last week the day I reunited this lost cat (I checked with the vet just in case the message they left when I found him didn't get a reply, I did, owner came forward, cat successfully reunited, still not my missing cat.

I was thinking for this new kitten, a 'catified' Jewish girl's name should I find my missing cat with the 'catified' Muslim name, because I could if I find him, pretend it's the Middle East perhaps, and hope they get along - Then I remembered by chance this new kitten and my cat who's missing both came from Turkish families in different parts of London who happen to Muslim so, probably not. IDK. lol

From places of names I want to go for names to names based on places I've been;
I'm open to suggestions.

Sex: F
Previous name no one's liking since I don't think it suits her, the friend who gifted me this kitten has a name it sounds like and, the person who sold this kitten to my friend last week said she could change the name and, the name's a name, but  it's an option, but, and here's a need to change for me; It can rhyme with a negative word in Jamaican, so, I'm not Jamaican, but I'm not calling my kitten that in at night because my life here in Croydon taught me this word my kitten's name from the family with the mummy (and the daddy cat) doesn't rhyme with this word, no, it's a bonafide homophone of this word that makes me need to seek a cool new name, so, no on that name for me.

I'm open to suggestions.

I like Guns N' Roses and guitar and Jimi Hendrix too etc... I like cool names from the world of guitar in general, but I am open to suggestion given I have Batman.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Chairman Meow.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    If you have batman, you should call her Selina.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    Yasser Aracat?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited July 2019
    Shinky after Tymoshenko  would be naming this cat after another cat my family had that I never met because this was before me and Chernobyl, who gave birth to a tom cat with a girl's name by mistake of the namer not knowing that was a girl's name for humans, named this tom cat who Shinky birthed who was older than me and was the first cat I ever knew.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Robyn.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Knowing your fondness for Guns & Roses how about Axella or Slashette.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    Either Mew or Rose.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    This thread is weird. I don't hate it.
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    Batman, I believe, was sometimes partnered with Hawkman who has an interesting back-story. His 'mundane' alter-ego was an archaeologist who, in turn, was the reincarnation of an old Egyptian prince. So you have both a reference to that part of the world and also a nice little nod towards replacement/regeneration that this new cat is giving you.

The name Hawkman, of course, is masculine but could easily be softened along the lines of 'kitty-kins' or 'pussy-kins' - I've often heard cat owners add this suffix to their cat's name when calling them so wouldn't sound out of place.

The perfect name: Hawkins
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    Pussy.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Colin
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Al Stewart or Cat Stevens.

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    If you like G'N'R its gotta be Slash,Duff or Izzy. Izzy sounds cool. Not Axl.
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    I've named pets as characters from my favourite movies.
    Newt (aliens) would be a cute name for a little girl. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    Whatever name you decide on, remember that at some point you will be standing outside shouting it to the world.
    Sounds dead cool, witty & great fun in the house, but you will look (and sound) an absolute twat...repeatedly.  :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    edited July 2019
    Edit. Wrong thread. :3
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    edited July 2019
    Whatever name you decide on, remember that at some point you will be standing outside shouting it to the world.
    Sounds dead cool, witty & great fun in the house, but you will look (and sound) an absolute twat...repeatedly3
    Most people don’t need to own a cat to fulfil that criteria, myself included  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    ^ Oi! I resemble that remark  ;)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Slash,  very relevant for a kitten
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    beed84 said:
    Most people don’t need to own a cat 
    Fundamental error! Cats own humans.
    Be seeing you.