How to Lift DI'd Electric guitar level further

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    edited July 2019

@ICBM when i had terrible buzz routing was guitar to zoom g2 to passive di box to desk
    @Fez I haven't tried Channel 1 so i can so that's a great point i had not considered
    I'm pondering whether to stick a Blackstar Fly 3 in the signal chain as it has a mixer out and is small running on batteries if required ? any thoughts?
    Does the DI box have an earth lift switch? If so you need it in the non-lift position. If it doesn't have a switch then the chances are it's permanently lifted, so it won't work properly for this - the earth lift is to prevent loops when used between an earthed amp and the desk, but an electric guitar needs to be connected to earth to eliminate noise.

I'm pretty sure the Blackstar doesn't have an earthed power supply, it's a low-voltage DC one, so that probably won't help either - although, if you can run the headphone output of the Fly (which is also speaker-emulated) directly to the line input of the desk *not* via the DI box - you'll need a 3.5mm to 1/4" cable for that - it may work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Is it worth trying a traditional amp?
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 100
    I’ve moved to a boss gt1 fx now and that seems to be better at least in the rehearsal room so far with a seemingly louder signal