Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    How do! All the best with everything.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    I was posting on here the other day about Burton's only other famous son (Joe Jackson) and I was feeling quite wistful about your absence.
    Sounds like a tough year, hope it sorts itself out.
    Mostly you've missed an epic thread about Emp trying to buy a car. Unless you are having problems sleeping I wouldn't seek it out. 
    i didn't even know Joe Jackson was from Burton???
    I didn't either - As I knew he played sax as well I was insure if he had dealt with my dad at the shop etc - Turns out he went to the south coast at a young age - A bit like Slash from Stoke
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
     :) 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    WezV said:
    HI all,

yes, i have been gone a while.   some of you have messaged to see whats going on, some wont have noticed at all ;) :)

I decided to take a break after splitting from my wife earlier in the year.   Life is starting to settle down again and i'm feeling like i am on the right path...but the guitar stuff has had to give. and i will be without a workshop for most of this year i think.  I will be back properly at some point

In all honesty, i have popped back to sell a few bits.   there will be more over the next month or so as i do the whole life laundry bit.  :0

What have i missed?  
    I'd missed your build threads for sure, and it's a shame to hear of your divorce but good luck with it and everything that comes. 

Hope you get back to making guitars sooner than later but take care of yourself in the meantime!  

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    Good to see you back @WezV I've missed your build threads.

I've been posting a bit less the last couple of weeks as Mrs Strtdv has been having a baby, which occupies a surprising amount of time
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Great to see you back, we've missed you, but sorry to hear about the circumstances.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Welcome home Mr V :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Welcome back Wesmeister! What have you missed? 13 flounces, 10 return after flounces, Gibson still suck, P90's still rule, Emp has not bought a car, bedroom traders are still hated, anybody who advertises a guitar for more than a 10th of what it's worth still gets lolled, a guy called Agnessi is not popular but everyone still loves Pete Thorn. General forum atmosphere is good to passive / agressive.  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Good to see you back Wez. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Sorry to hear about the turn of events. Glad to see you back though, I've always seen you as one of the most important contributors around here. Your advice and knowledge has been invaluable to us newbie builders.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    Started Clearing out the workshop today...

https://imgur.com/a/haIah8q
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Missed your threads and look forward to more! Gold Top was legendary!. Sorry for your breakup, but as a man who's been through the same,it gets better even if you don't think it will and all works out in the end. All the best man:)
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Lodious said:
    Welcome back Wesmeister! What have you missed? 13 flounces, 10 return after flounces, Gibson still suck, P90's still rule, Emp has not bought a car, bedroom traders are still hated, anybody who advertises a guitar for more than a 10th of what it's worth still gets lolled, a guy called Agnessi is not popular but everyone still loves Pete Thorn. General forum atmosphere is good to passive / agressive.  
    Aaaaand... Harley Benton make a Les Paul which is comparable to a Gibson R8 once the pickups are upgraded.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    edited July 2019
    Hi Wez, hope all is OK.  I've got both guitars back in the States now (after a jobsworth at BA decided to give me grief about taking the Firebird on the plane in a gig bag but I just ignored him, as did all the other BA staff).

Still loving the work on the 55 Custom, it's such a great guitar to play.  The Firebird got a few fans (once everyone gets over the shock of the frets).  It's easy to play until you look at the fingerboard!

It looks like you have a lot to clean out from the workshop, sorry that you are going through all of that.  I don't see the 9-sting in the pile (which might be a good thing), hope you can get set up again soon.  I've a couple of Les Pauls which I want to bring to you.

Cheers
    Hi Phil.... There are 2 9 strings in the acoustic stack on the left. ;)

Workshops all clear now, and stored at my dad's.

In other news, looks like the house  has sold so I might just be in my own place with a new workshop before the year is out.

I'm gonna let my wife get settled first, then start house hunting once she is in a new place
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    Should have clicked on the picture.  It really does look great with the 2 tone sides.  Hope you can get it completed one day.  Great news on the house, good luck on everything else.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Bit behind the thread. Sorry to hear your news Wes, but glad you are back in any way that you can.
    edited January 2020
    Well, it's been a while and everything is taking longer than expected!

I wasted 4 1/2 months on a house buyer, who we found out was selling a leasehold property later than we should have done.  This eventually fell through when their buyer got fed up with lack of progress.  Found a new buyer, currently 5 weeks into that and hoping it will be quicker

Hoping I can start building again soon
    edited January 2020
    I typed a longer post, but only half of it appeared
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Hello stranger.  ;)