NGD: Shell Pink Fender Player Strat

What's Hot
Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
edited July 2019 in Guitar
This Fender Player Strat is on its way to me, I like what I've read about this line of guitars and the limited finish sent me over the edge. I'm one of those with a phobia of pale Pau Ferro fretboards, luckily GAK were good enough to send me a pic beforehand.

I thought I would share, in case anybody else is on the fence (Not seen much online, other than washed out promo shots).

Now arrived:

With it's room mate:

1reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Wow it looks like such a more vivid shade of pink than I've seen in other photos! Looks almost a step away from off-white on the GG website.

I really love the look of that, always wanted a pink guitar. Reckon the Player series will be very decent guitars, hope you enjoy it.

Planning any mods, cosmetic or otherwise?

Think I'd go for a tort pickguard but the stock looks great too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
    Congratulations on a fab choice. Sat here with my shell pink Strat at the mo, it’s definitely the perfect Strat colour. 
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    Very John Squire. I wanted a shell pink strat at one point but recently settled for a MIJ candy tangerine one. A choice I don’t regret. Enjoy it when it comes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5833
    Ooooh, an FSR in the Player series. Very fetching indeed.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    Thanks very much everyone!

As far as mods go I may eventually try a tort guard, but at least they've made a little bit of extra effort with it and already put a mint guard on. Other than that I don't plan anything at all, as I believe these are pretty good to go.

I've previously had an american standard and more recently a classic player. So I'm keen to see where I feel these stand in that company. Based on the gossip online it seems these are pretty much old american standard quality (using the old american standard tooling, pickups and hardware), here's hoping.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3889
    Looks great that!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Hmm...I kinda like the Tokai TSTs in that price range.

I say B/W/B pickguard to set it off. I like the dark pau ferro, as some of the pale boards on the american vintage series were truly horrible.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Looooooovely
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    I love a shell pink Strat and must admit to having been eyeing up the Seafoam green model as well. Some great colours around at the moment.

The pic makes your guitar look very like Barbie pink but I'm sure when you get it it will be a proper refined Shell pink.

Please post a pic when you get it.  :)
    Haha Barbie pink or not, I'll still take it over sunburst. I might just have to wear sunglasses when glancing in its direction.

I will be sure to take a terribly amateurish photo later this week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    Sweet. Love a shell pink strat. Looking forward to the pics
    It's here and I've added some pictures to the original post.  Definitely not the Barbie pink that the GAK picture seemed to suggest, and the fretboard is lighter than that picture in reality too.  Some lemon oil is sorting that out though.

It's ace, I need to get some heavier strings on there and play it a bit more.  The only US Fender I have right now is not a strat, it's the Telecaster plus in the last photo.  Not the same guitar, but if I am comparing build quality etc. I don't feel I am playing a cheaper guitar when swapping between the two.  I would agree with some of the other posts I had previously read, it reminds me of my old American Standard in feel and build quality.  I don't think there is such a thing as a bargain these days, but I definitely feel like this is very good value for money, especially taking into account the hike for the next models up (Vintera, which my old classic player is technically still part of, but I think £700 plus starts to make me think twice about pulling the trigger).

I think the stigma of not owning a US built Fender is waning as the years go on.  The Mexican lines are so good these days it really is a non-issue for me.

Anybody thinking about a Player series should go and check them out! Well done Fender.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Superb
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Very cool :)  Shame on GAK, that original photo is misleading, but I prefer your photo so all good :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Awesome. Shell Pink is the absolute boss. Congrats!
    Thanks everyone!  =)
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    That's very pretty! And that Tele is a gorgeous colour, too :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    That's perfect, congrats
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Much nicer in the flesh than original photo suggested. Congrats!
  • Gorgeous! Happy NGD!!!