Netflix sci-fi Another Life (with added Sackhoff factor)

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
Anyone watching? 

I've done 2 and a bit episodes - seems to be a bit kit-assembly of plot devices from standard sci-fi stories but entertaining enough for the scifi-starved among us 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    Didn't get through the first episode it was so shite. Shame as I had been looking forward to it and like Sackhoff.

But the writing is absolutely terrible, and the acting of most of the crew just as bad. It's like Hollyoaks in space, there's nothing about any of these people that would think they could crew a double decker bus, let along a scientific space vessel.

But Garth Ennis' The Boys has arrived on Amazon Prime so I'm going to watch that instead.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    I've watched a few more and it just gets worse with each episode :-/ 

Like so many bad scifi series it's become Eastenders In Space, and the space bits are shit 
    Red ones are better. 
    Ok I take it back it is ALL shit 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    One to Sackhoff then?
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Didn't get through the first episode it was so shite. Shame as I had been looking forward to it and like Sackhoff.

But the writing is absolutely terrible, and the acting of most of the crew just as bad. It's like Hollyoaks in space, there's nothing about any of these people that would think they could crew a double decker bus, let along a scientific space vessel.

But Garth Ennis' The Boys has arrived on Amazon Prime so I'm going to watch that instead.
    Fell asleep during the first one but before that noticed the editing was crap and it was all a bit soap-opera.
    Binged all 8 eps of The Boys. Not as good as i had hoped from the trailers but worthwhile way to while away 8 hours.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    We are up to episode 4 as Mrs T quite likes it.  I think its bloody awful.  Badly written and badly acted. So many potholes I dont really know where to start.  Inevitably we will watch it over the next few nights until it's finished.  

it seems unfair to highlight a single example when there are so many bizarrely clumsy plot and general story-beat lurching clangers, but when the instagrammer gets geared-up with the swat team I was just like "oh come on it's like you're daring people to turn off" 
    Red ones are better. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3617
    It’s crap but oddly compelling. Sad to say I’m hooked. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    Finished it, still not sure but Katee Sackhoff has been working out a bit ;). Roll on series 2