Fender Classic Player Baja 60's Tele with replacement neck

What's Hot
bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
Reading good opinions about this model, and saw this while browsing around;

https://reverb.com/item/17093135-fender-classic-player-baja-60s-telecaster-fat-neck-rosewood-3-color-sunburst

Is that a for real Fender neck, do you think?  I have no idea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2304
    Got my eye on that one myself in my ongoing search for a Tele. Tried a Baja and didn't get on with the V neck but loved everything else - hoping to try some more Teles this weekend and try different necks. If I can find, and like, a chunky C, I'm hoping this might be the Tele for me.
    Tim
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Why don't you ask the seller? Narrow tall frets are common on allparts necks. If it was an upgrade on the fender neck then I would imagine it should be a warmouth or similar quality
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3889
    It the neck was made by a reputable manufacturer you’d think they’d mention the maker/brand. There’s stock 60s Bajas going for less.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3889
    timmypix said:
    Got my eye on that one myself in my ongoing search for a Tele. Tried a Baja and didn't get on with the V neck but loved everything else - hoping to try some more Teles this weekend and try different necks. If I can find, and like, a chunky C, I'm hoping this might be the Tele for me.
    The 60s Baja doesn’t have the V, that’s just the 50s model.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Seller just says it's not a genuine Fender neck, but doesn't mention what it is - so I guess not an authorized neck of any sort.

Too bad, and I agree a bit pricey considering.
    What do you all think would be a reasonable offer to make for this guitar, without low-balling the seller?

I do fancy the idea of the fatter neck (it might well be an Allparts neck), and what he's done to rewire the switch seems sensible, but the replacement neck obviously injects some uncertainty into it all.  Originality is usually king, so I guess that might be the main reason the guitar hasn't sold for 4 months?

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    guitarguitar have one at £629. If that’s a shop price, you’re talking £500 from a private seller and in my view, the neck reduces value, rather than enhances as it turns it into a parts caster. If you’re really sure about the neck, maybe £400
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    A bit expensive for a partscaster. I had a Baja Tele that weighed a ton, I’d never buy another without trying it first.
    Thanks - I think I'll pass on that particular one and keep looking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
    says it's nitro - that's not correct. Bajas are Poly
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    rze99 said:
    says it's nitro - that's not correct. Bajas are Poly
    No it says the neck is nitro not the body.  It's still way too much for a partsacaster with a baja body and unknown neck. 
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    My favourite Tele is. Partscaster that I put together. It has an oil finished lightweight swamp ash body and a nitro finished Allparts neck with a rosewood fingerboard . The bridge/ tailpiece is genuine a Fender 3 saddle one and the machine heads are Wilkinson Kluson copies . The bridge pickup is an old Seymour Duncan Broadcaster and the neck pickup is a twisted Telecaster . Most of the parts were obtained second hand from eBay and the whole thing cost me less than £250. The other Telecaster I own that comes close is an old 1975 one.