Finally put up some pedal shelving!

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
Got around to decorating my office this weekend and put up some shelving for my pedals. Will probably need to buy some more, as have even more pedals, but for now it is looking pretty neat and tidy. Plus, it is super easy to grab one and use it without any fuss.

https://i.imgur.com/8DBsw9W.jpg

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Swish!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

hobbit sized humans like me would have to climb on the amp to get the top shelf. or have one of the slidey ladders they have in big libraries.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Very nice.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26752
    Very nice! I was just thinking this morning wondering who has the most pedals here. Clearly it's not me!! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    I've had to move all my "office" guitar bits discretely out the way as I now have a work from home contract and do video / skype regularly - occasional guitar left out is good for conversation - evidence of GAS however wont go down well with colleagues and seniors unfortunately .. they may think Im playing  when on video / voice mute - as if such a thing might happen :-) 

• skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    edited July 2019
    JMP220478 said:
    I've had to move all my "office" guitar bits discretely out the way as I now have a work from home contract and do video / skype regularly - occasional guitar left out is good for conversation - evidence of GAS however wont go down well with colleagues and seniors unfortunately .. they may think Im playing  when on video / voice mute - as if such a thing might happen :-) 

Haha, on con-calls is when I get most of my practice done

Cool shelving setup btw!
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 154
    Nice! Where did you get your shelves?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I need to do something like this- I keep mine in large plastic tubs and finding anything is a PITA.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Looks good, very practical.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14032
    tFB Trader
    Nice to see a Rat on the shelf - Looks cool

Was it a quick job or a bit of a delay getting it sorted out
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    edited July 2019
    Great idea! I must get the electric drill a screwdriver out. I can never find the pedal I want, some order is called for.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    You need some more colourful guitars.
    LPB or CAR and possibly a sparkle finish one.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5834
    Wow, that is a lot of pedals. Looks cool, but my teeth are itching just thinking about having to manage the dust.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Have they got little stands so they sit at an angle like that, or are they all just carefully balanced?

I'm just imagining being a bit clumsy with one, then a whole shelf-full tumbling down on the guitars...
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    Philly_Q said:
    Have they got little stands so they sit at an angle like that, or are they all just carefully balanced?

I'm just imagining being a bit clumsy with one, then a whole shelf-full tumbling down on the guitars...
    Me too, wondered if there was a lip on the front of the shelves, like you get with plate racks/shelving. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 475
    Philly_Q said:

Me too, wondered if there was a lip on the front of the shelves, like you get with plate racks/shelving. 
    They look like the ikea ‘mosslanda’ picture shelves. I have a couple to display my records on whilst they are playing. The have groove cut in the pictures etc can sit in, as well as a lip at the front.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
    I think they are these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/mosslanda-picture-ledge-white-90292103/

But, I threw the wrapping out so can't be sure, however I'mm 99% sure it is these ones. They have a handy groove and so the pedals sit firmly and won't wobble about.

Problem is that now I need some more!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Thanks for posting the pic. I can now say to my wife “See.... I really don’t have that many pedals” 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    I'd be paranoid about knocking pedals down onto the guitars below, but then I'm a paranoid sort of person.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    This is great! My other half actually mentioned doing this this weekend and I declined thinking it might look a bit naff but that looks really cool and actually quite stylish! 
    How very rock and roll