New Vintage V65 Jazzmaster-ish guitar

What's Hot
joetelejoetele Frets: 947
Quite like the look of these, for the price (I think they'll be sub £300 in most stores when released). Really like my V72 Tele - it's well build with good hardware, stays in tune and the bridge pickup. brass saddles and ashtray bridge sound very authentic. 

I've always wanted a Jazzmaster and have considered getting a Squier one but these might work out cheaper and a nice alternative. Particularly like the hardtail bridge. 

I think they're available in four colours across the range. 

https://www.jhs.co.uk/products/guitars-folk-instruments/electric-guitars/vintage/vintage-reissued-electrics/vintage-v65-reissued-hard-tail-electric-guitar-blonde

https://www.jhs.co.uk/products/guitars-folk-instruments/electric-guitars/vintage/vintage-reissued-electrics/vintage-v65-reissued-vibrato-electric-guitar-vintage-white

I know they're nothing fancy but might be a nice gigging guitar or for those who fancy something familiar but different. 
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I like Vintage guitars. They're good reliable workhorses at very decent prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    That looks nice. The quality versus the J Mascis would be interesting to compare.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    Matt_McG said:
    That looks nice. The quality versus the J Mascis would be interesting to compare.
    Sassafras said:
    I like Vintage guitars. They're good reliable workhorses at very decent prices.
    Agreed on both counts. I could quite happily live with a few of their Teles, one of their Strats and two of these Jazzmasters. Their PRS-alike looks nice too. And their SG in the natural wood finish. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    It's worth noting that the V65 comes with P90 pickups which are not the same a JM pickups, if this is of importance to you. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Sesh said:
    It's worth noting that the V65 comes with P90 pickups which are not the same a JM pickups, if this is of importance to you. 
    It isn't to me but I'm sure it would be for many. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    Sesh said:
    The Harley Benton JMalike with a tuneomatic does have proper JM pickups though, a option for a budget JM with the relevant pickups. 

Sesh said:
    The Harley Benton JMalike with a tuneomatic does have proper JM pickups though, a option for a budget JM with the relevant pickups. 

Yeah, Harley Benton guitars seem like a good budget option, I've just never been able to try any. 
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited July 2019
    joetele said:
    Sesh said:

Yeah, Harley Benton guitars seem like a good budget option, I've just never been able to try any. 
    It's also worth noting that the highly recommended J.Mascis JM doesn't have "Jazzmaster" pickups either- they're very P90ish. 

I've had several Vintage guitars & always been impressed by the quality of fit, finish & hardware. 
    It was strongly implied on several forums that the Harley Benton range was being produced in the same factories as the Vintage range- both had Wilkinson hardware & shared design idiosyncrasies such as the shaped neck joint etc. I've played several HB's and they are strikingly similar to their Vintage equivalents. 
    My biggest criticism of the Vintage range is a tendency to VERY thin necks- particularly on their Gibson style models. 

My main guitar is a heavily modified HB TE52- it's really surpassed my expectations for such an affordable guitar. 
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited July 2019
    Another budget offset option is Revelation. 
    I think they look interesting. 
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0814/7883/products/IMG_9793_b4e50f92-c273-4bdd-bc96-634608bb636e.jpg?v=1511936122

Another budget offset option is Revelation. 
    I think they look interesting. 
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0814/7883/products/IMG_9793_b4e50f92-c273-4bdd-bc96-634608bb636e.jpg?v=1511936122

I've tried the Revelation Jazzer, it's really nice although on that little chicken head selector I could only find a couple of sounds I liked. Really nice playing guitar though, would definitely consider one. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Looks great and nice to have a hardtail option too. What are the necks like on their Fendery guitars? I only have experience with the Gibson copies which were thin but serviceable.
    TTBZ said:
    Looks great and nice to have a hardtail option too. What are the necks like on their Fendery guitars? I only have experience with the Gibson copies which were thin but serviceable.
    My Tele is fine - just a tad thicker than my very thin Mex Tele neck, but a nice balance between modern and vintage, very playable. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    The Revelation guitars (at least the one I tried) are stonking.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    These vintage ones remind me of the Jazzmaster copies which existed before Squier cornered the market in 2012. They just look like bad copies to me.

Don't really see the point of the them tbh, when Squier has the market covered around this price point. I do like vintage guitars in general though, and I'm sure they will play nice enough. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2867
    I bet that’s heavy as fuck. Looks cool though. Nice colour. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017

Can't stand the headstocks on Vintage or Revelation guitars... :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 603
    edited July 2019
    I would like to try one of the Vintage Strat-a-likes especially with the HSS. I will never find one where I live to actually try it though so as with most guitars it would be buying blind.

I had a VIntage V100WR for a little while. There was nothing inherently wrong with it just founf I didn`t like the mini humbuckers and the usual issues I have with Gibson style guitars. I have played one of their basic tele guitars too and came close to buying it it was pretty good and I have an AVRI!!