Adding a Little Compression

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    This was the trouble with those robo guitars .you played an A and a bulldozer came and squashed your guitar collection .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I went to the Docs and said I had continued ringing in my ears - he put me on Anti-compressants...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Couldn't see any rosewood so not a CITES issue. Only the american legal system would come up with something like that. Then they didn't get bitten once giving stuff away, "Oh just give those guns to the Contras Mr North it will be alright".
    Don't touch that dial.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    Fez said:
    Couldn't see any rosewood so not a CITES issue. Only the american legal system would come up with something like that. Then they didn't get bitten once giving stuff away, "Oh just give those guns to the Contras Mr North it will be alright".
    As posted on the other thread..  This is their response..  Kind of wiffs a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/9s2EJ5R.png
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    Unsafe components?  Those Plutonium bridges and Ricin/Novichok finishes are shocking.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Surely if the issue was with the electronics they would be stripped out and disposed of as per whatever their equivalent of WEEE is. I guess it could be something to do with finishing, Polyurethanes and the like are not nice chemicals so maybe something went wrong with that. It still looks like some kind of legal requirement to me and if they aren't going to elucidate further then we will never know for sure.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Rabs said:
    Fez said:

How could they be unsalvagable? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    Voxman said:
    Rabs said:
    Fez said:

How could they be unsalvagable? 
    They got ran over by a big tractor thing.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6054
    Unsalvageable, damaged and with unsafe components. Think that covers any eventuality.
  • cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    United airlines: hold my beer 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    JezWynd said:
    Unsalvageable, damaged and with unsafe components. Think that covers any eventuality.
    Sorry, but  I think that's utter bunkum!  I don't know what Gibson think they are playing  at, but I don't believe it for a moment. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    This is my take:
    Why would they distort them with a big vehicle and why would they film it? It’s way over the top for something so practice. I reckon this was done by new regime when they thought they had the good will and this was supposed to be a viral vid pissing over the previous regime.

However, things changed and good Will was lost, got leaked anyway and they’ve changed tact.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Yet Jimi Hendrix wrecks a guitar and he's a hero!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    dindude said:
    This is my take:
    Why would they distort them with a big vehicle and why would they film it? It’s way over the top for something so practice. I reckon this was done by new regime when they thought they had the good will and this was supposed to be a viral vid pissing over the previous regime.

However, things changed and good Will was lost, got leaked anyway and they’ve changed tact.

Sounds pretty likely to me. I don’t understand why go to all that effort to just destroy them without the intention being a PR stunt. Just chuck them in an incinerator if it’s a legal issue.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Bunch of pricks! The environmental awareness of ........ well, Boris Johnson, Donald Trump etc etc 

Never buying a Gibson!