Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
edited August 2019 in Off Topic
I have said that phrase without really thinking it through when you read about bad things happening to people. When I read this story though:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-49204293

while thinking about people I've met who want to have kids but can't, some on here who I won't name obviously, who you know would make great parents but hasn't worked out for them the story is even more heart breaking.

So if anyone reads comments from me about anything where I say "I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy" please take it as read I don't mind scum like this.  The worse stuff that can happen to people like that the better.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I saw this yesterday. It's in cases like these that my opposition to the death penalty is severely tested.

How does someone end up to be such an appalling example of a human being?
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    All it takes is for dark thoughts to lead to darker thoughts, and for there not to be anyone in her life who could serve either to stop her, or to make her reflect and get perspective on where she was heading.

It's an absolutely terrible story and an absolutely evil act, but I don't, personally, think there's too much mystery to it.
  • The girls' father, Chris Draper, did not have contact with them and had never met Scarlett, something he said made their deaths "all the more heartbreaking" for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-49151164

In a victim impact statement the children's father, Chris Draper, said he was "broken".

"Why did Louise do something so evil to our beautiful daughters? You are their mother, the person supposed to care for them, protect and love them.

"They were just an inconvenience to you; how could you do this?"

"I sit and think day and night and I can't understand why my two little girls were taken away because Louise wanted to sleep around."

He added: "I hate Louise. No punishment will ever be enough as I will never get my daughters back."

Det Supt Pete Hill, from Warwickshire Police, added: "These were premeditated murders for which she has shown no remorse, and the length of the sentence reflects this."

Anyone thinking a case of parental alienation?

Bye!

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    A great advertisement for the return of proper two-parent family. The presence and influence of a father & mother is crucial in balancing out the extremes such as this. Regardless of the small number of exceptions, having both male & female parents has proved time and again the best way to bring up children.

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    fandango said:
    A great advertisement for the return of proper two-parent family. The presence and influence of a father & mother is crucial in balancing out the extremes such as this. Regardless of the small number of exceptions, having both male & female parents has proved time and again the best way to bring up children.

Oh get away, she's obviously fucking mental. 

Being in a two parent heterosexual family would've just meant she'd have to wait until he went out. 

I don't think a "return to traditional values" really includes refraining from slaughtering your own offspring, that's rather a different issue, don't you think?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited August 2019
    fandango said:

What, like Fred and Rose West :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    "A great advertisement..."

No, it's not a great anything. This is a tragic event and you do not get to use this to promote your opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Psychopath.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom