What's Hot
I didn't know it was even still switched on

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    edited August 2019
    Good grief, I thought it was dead too! 

I used to go on there a bit in the early noughties but it eventually got dominated by American yoofs who apparently all had Les Pauls, PRS’s and Marshall stacks, despite not one of them owning a camera that could take a photo of their, uhh, killer set-up dude. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I've stumbled over it over the years. Did they use to have a huge TAB section? That's what comes to mind anyway. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    Not very busy. Electric guitar section only has 2 threads with posts in August.

boogieman said:

I used to go on there a bit in the early noughties but it eventually got dominated by American yoofs who apparently all had Les Pauls, PRS’s and Marshall stacks, despite not one of them owning a camera that could take a photo of their, uhh, killer set-up dude. 
    That was a problem.

The loss of the reviews section was a killer for them too.  To be able to read reviews by real people not magazines was the best thing about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited August 2019
    is this the same as was harmony-central.com?

First place i used to get online tab, late 90s.
    crunchman said:

The loss of the reviews section was a killer for them too.  To be able to read reviews by real people not magazines was the best thing about it.
    I once put up a review of a Squier ProTone Tele on there. You had to include your details in the review, so my email address was attached, available for anyone to see. I share my name (but spelt differently) with a quite well known guitarist: Laurence Archer from UFO, Wild Horses and Stampede. Next thing I know I get an email from an American guy, who’d obviously got the two of us mixed up, asking if I was interested in depping for a gig at the Houston Astrodome? 

I must admit I was semi-tempted.  :)
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11789
    crunchman said:
    Not very busy. Electric guitar section only has 2 threads with posts in August.

boogieman said:

That was a problem.

yep, reviews were my main use of it, contributed quite a few
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    I used tae hang there before they imploded with the "new look" and there was a guy there called FORKTOOL who was just the funniest guy i ever heard in my life. He had an alcohol problem but a stream of consciousness rabble that was priceless,well tae me anyways. I loved reading his posts,they would have made a best seller
    tae be or not tae be
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    Hootsmon said:
    I used tae hang there before they imploded with the "new look" and there was a guy there called FORKTOOL who was just the funniest guy i ever heard in my life. He had an alcohol problem but a stream of consciousness rabble that was priceless,well tae me anyways. I loved reading his posts,they would have made a best seller
    @Sambostar ?
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    Yeah, funny you should say that because Sambers was almost just as crazy and i had already made that connection
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Hootsmon said:
    Sounds like our own Lesbian with a gun.
    boogieman said:
    crunchman said:

I once put up a review of a Squier ProTone Tele on there. You had to include your details in the review, so my email address was attached, available for anyone to see. I share my name (but spelt differently) with a quite well known guitarist: Laurence Archer from UFO, Wild Horses and Stampede. Next thing I know I get an email from an American guy, who’d obviously got the two of us mixed up, asking if I was interested in depping for a gig at the Houston Astrodome? 

Although last time I was aware of Laurence he was running a pub in Wolverhampton so maybe long term you dodged a bullet. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10228
    strtdv said:
    Hootsmon said:
    @Sambostar ?
    Sambo was the first person I thought of too. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    boogieman said:
    crunchman said:

Although last time I was aware of Laurence he was running a pub in Wolverhampton so maybe long term you dodged a bullet. 

He's still gigging, plays with an outfit called Grand Slam, they've just done the Rambling Man festival and got decent reviews. He looks bloody good for his age (unlike me, sadly).
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    ha blast from the past! forgot about them!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Great useful site for a long time, then they changed the format and it became rubbish. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Any Mancs remember the Harmony Centre on Cross St? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    It used to be the best news source for Pro Audio until they went all forumsy.
    When it swapped format I stopped visiting.
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    crunchman said:

He's still gigging, plays with an outfit called Grand Slam, they've just done the Rambling Man festival and got decent reviews. He looks bloody good for his age (unlike me, sadly).

I saw him,IIRC,  with the original Phil Lynott's Grand Slam probably 35 years ago. I think before that ( vague memory this) he was in a band called Archer with his dad. 
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    I used the forums a lot from 2003-10, great source of knowledge and trading with the UK members. 

I'll have to try remember my used name and see when I last logged in.

Phil O'keefe was an ace mod, excellent source of knowledge.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    Used to post there years ago, left when they changed the format.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!