Anyone using Helix 2.8 with a DT25?

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7137
I've just finally plugged my Helix LT into my DT25 and it appears to play ball a lot more easily now.

Has anyone on here managed to find all the DT settings in the Helix yet?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    I used to own a DT25 before helix existed. Wasn’t keen on the HD preamps though. Interested to know how a helix works any differently with the DT25 than other (valve) poweramps?
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7137
    Well, allegedly the new 2.8 update has settings for the DT range and the L6 Link. 

edited August 2019
    stonevibe said:
    Well, allegedly the new 2.8 update has settings for the DT range and the L6 Link. 
    But does the DT load helix preamps now or is it no different from plugging into the effects loop of any valve amp? If it’s the former that would presumably free up blocks on something like an HX stomp.

I always thought the dt amps were a great idea in theory. My DT25 was very heavy though!

DT50/DT25 Remote

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Edit

Helix can now remotely adjust the real tube topology settings and other parameters in one or two L6 LINK-connected DT25 or DT50 amplifiers. When one DT25 or DT50 is connected via L6 LINK (110-ohm AES/EBU cable), it receives a mono signal from Helix; when two DT250 or DT50 amplifiers are daisy-chained via L6 LINK, the first cab in the chain receives the left signal and the second cab receives the right signal.

TIP: Just like with any amp, cab, or effect parameter, DT parameters can be quickly assigned to footswitches or Snapshots.

1. From the Output > Multi or Output > Digital block, press PAGE > three times.
    2. Turn Knob 1 (DT 25/50 Remote) to select “Per Preset” or “Global.” If you don’t plan on changing DT topology settings along with Helix presets, choose “Global.”
    3. Turn Knob 2 (DT Select) to specify which DT amp you want to controlDT 1, DT 2, or both DT amps

simultaneously (“1+2 Link”). Normally, you should leave this set to “1+2 Link,” which edits both DT amps simultaneously, to maintain phase coherence.

DT Channel

When set to Channel A, the DT switches to Channel A and its preamp is bypassed for when using a preamp model in Helix. When set to Channel B, the DT switches to Channel B and its preamp is activated

TIP: Assign a stomp footswitch (or snapshots) to simultaneously bypass a Helix preamp block AND switch a connected DT amp to Channel B. This gives you a wider variety of tones in the same preset, without the DSP overhead required to run two simultaneous Preamp blocks.

DT Topology

Changes the DT amp’s negative feedback loop topology. Choose “I (Tight)” for behavior reminiscent of the great American Blackface amps of the 60s, choose “II (Loose)” for dialing in echoes of classic British amps, choose “III (ZNF)” for a very open or dynamic feeling amp, or choose “IV (Resonant)” to add low frequency resonance that pairs well with high gain tones.

DT Power Amp

Sets the DT amp’s operating class, wattage, and bias type. Choose “Class A” for more dynamics with greater touch sensitivity; choose “Class AB” for greater headroom and power

DT Tube Config

Changes the configuration of the DT’s power tubes. Chose “Pentode” for clear and commanding tone; choose “Triode” for quieter and rounder sounds with a more vintage feel.

DT Reverb

Turns the DT amp’s built-in spring reverb on and off

DT Rev Mix

Determines the amount of built-in spring reverb

DT 12AX7 Boost (DT50 only)

When Low Volume Mode is off, applies a volume boost DT

Feedback Cap (DT50 only)

Sets the DT amp’s feedback capacitor type

DT B+ Voltage (DT50 only)

Sets the DT amp’s phase inverter B+ voltage

NOTE: For more information on DT amps, see the DT25 Pilot’s Guide or the DT50 Pilot’s Guide.

stonevibe said:

DT50/DT25 Remote

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Edit

Helix can now remotely adjust the real tube topology settings and other parameters in one or two L6 LINK-connected DT25 or DT50 amplifiers. When one DT25 or DT50 is connected via L6 LINK (110-ohm AES/EBU cable), it receives a mono signal from Helix; when two DT250 or DT50 amplifiers are daisy-chained via L6 LINK, the first cab in the chain receives the left signal and the second cab receives the right signal.

TIP: Just like with any amp, cab, or effect parameter, DT parameters can be quickly assigned to footswitches or Snapshots.

1. From the Output > Multi or Output > Digital block, press PAGE > three times.
    2. Turn Knob 1 (DT 25/50 Remote) to select “Per Preset” or “Global.” If you don’t plan on changing DT topology settings along with Helix presets, choose “Global.”
    3. Turn Knob 2 (DT Select) to specify which DT amp you want to controlDT 1, DT 2, or both DT amps

simultaneously (“1+2 Link”). Normally, you should leave this set to “1+2 Link,” which edits both DT amps simultaneously, to maintain phase coherence.

DT Channel

When set to Channel A, the DT switches to Channel A and its preamp is bypassed for when using a preamp model in Helix. When set to Channel B, the DT switches to Channel B and its preamp is activated

TIP: Assign a stomp footswitch (or snapshots) to simultaneously bypass a Helix preamp block AND switch a connected DT amp to Channel B. This gives you a wider variety of tones in the same preset, without the DSP overhead required to run two simultaneous Preamp blocks.

DT Topology

Changes the DT amp’s negative feedback loop topology. Choose “I (Tight)” for behavior reminiscent of the great American Blackface amps of the 60s, choose “II (Loose)” for dialing in echoes of classic British amps, choose “III (ZNF)” for a very open or dynamic feeling amp, or choose “IV (Resonant)” to add low frequency resonance that pairs well with high gain tones.

DT Power Amp

Sets the DT amp’s operating class, wattage, and bias type. Choose “Class A” for more dynamics with greater touch sensitivity; choose “Class AB” for greater headroom and power

DT Tube Config

Changes the configuration of the DT’s power tubes. Chose “Pentode” for clear and commanding tone; choose “Triode” for quieter and rounder sounds with a more vintage feel.

DT Reverb

Turns the DT amp’s built-in spring reverb on and off

DT Rev Mix

Determines the amount of built-in spring reverb

DT 12AX7 Boost (DT50 only)

When Low Volume Mode is off, applies a volume boost DT

Feedback Cap (DT50 only)

Sets the DT amp’s feedback capacitor type

DT B+ Voltage (DT50 only)

Sets the DT amp’s phase inverter B+ voltage

NOTE: For more information on DT amps, see the DT25 Pilot’s Guide or the DT50 Pilot’s Guide.

Thanks. So what I get from this is that Helix is the preamp but the dt25 is the power amp (like any tube amp with an effects loop). The difference with dt being that its a smart amp where the power amp “topology” will shift depending on the type of preamp it’s being fed. Interesting...whether it’ll sound better than a full helix sim through a powered speaker is the question.
    You can also use the preamp models in the DT series, so save on DSP. Though, I'm not sure if that will be a massive bonus.

Either way, I got it all working own my DT25 this afternoon and it appears to do what they say.

stonevibe said:
    You can also use the preamp models in the DT series, so save on DSP. Though, I'm not sure if that will be a massive bonus.

Either way, I got it all working own my DT25 this afternoon and it appears to do what they say.
    But preamps in the DT are still podHD technology I assume? 

I assume this wouldn’t work with the HX Stomp? Can’t see it stated definitively anywhere.
    TINMAN82 said:
    stonevibe said:

But preamps in the DT are still podHD technology I assume? 

I assume this wouldn’t work with the HX Stomp? Can’t see it stated definitively anywhere.
    Think this is Helix, Rack and Helix LT only, but I could be wrong.

Need someone a bit more into Helix to answer all these questions, as I am a Luddite...

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    There no line 6 link port thingy on the stomp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:
    There no line 6 link port thingy on the stomp
    That'll be a good reason for it not to work then... LOL