The world of stupid in which we live

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
I'm just trying to order a specific T-shirt for one of my daughters. In the old days they would give you intelligent size measurements, but in the new world of stupid in which we live we get no useful info, we get Gillian, 5'8", 150lbs, wearing all, the different sizes. Here's Gillian sporting a male XXL shirt, because that's clearly useful to men.

[By way of clarification, I'm not looking for an XXL male shirt for my daughter, who is an elfin 14 year old, I'm just pointing out the ludicrous system which they have adopted.]

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Stupid indeed. That shirt is far too big for Gillian. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    or perhaps she's just making her preference public

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    I thought it was a statement about not wanting to be identified by CIS chromosomes. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266

Yeah, but on the flip side, you get..... 

Alan : 5'3", 230lb.... 

https://imgur.com/a/m8lgF2w

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Don't worry, that XXL will stretch.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    It'll ride up with wear...

• Don't worry, she'll shrink it in the wash.

Bye!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26560
    My employer makes school uniforms for private schools - we have an intelligent sizing system which takes details like gender/age/etc and the usual measurements, and automatically recommends sizes for each garment with quite surprising accuracy. Because parents seemed incapable of distinguishing between cm and inches, or even having the most basic common sense when it comes to selecting measurements (5'6" tall with a 10" inside leg, anyone?), we decided to put together a silhouette which changes as you select your measurements to give a rough indication of the shape of child you say you have.

You've no idea how much shit we got for that from parents saying we were body-shaming their kids. One even said we'd caused her daughter's eating disorder (which is interesting, given that the site is for parents to shop, not kids).
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    This is easy, if you are XXL , or any size for that matter, and you want a new T shirt, its good to know how it will look on the missus when she commandeers it to use as a night gown, always handy to know stuff like that.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    When I do my volunteer stuff in the charity shop we have great fun trying to work out sizes before we put clothes out for sale. Anything US made is about three sizes under, so an 8 is probably a Euro 14. Chinese stuff is ludicrous though... L is probably an XXXXL in Chinese clothing, I imagine some of our bigger US friends have to wear “Tent”.