Who do you consider to be the UK's top guitar builders?

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    edited August 2019 tFB Trader
    elkay said:
    I see Feline get a lot of mention. Before I started doing mods myself, I took my very first pickup swop to him, and he didn't return the original pups (Fender American Standard). This was way back when he worked out of a shed behind Martin Phelps. Good thing in a way, as that prompted me to do all my own mods from then on.
    Which would have been an accidental oversight rather than deliberate, and may mean that the set of USA standard strat pickups that has sat in our "customer parts box" - sat nearly 20 years waiting to be reunited with their owner ......may actually be yours........
    I apologise if you've felt that we'd pinch your parts for all these years, but a quick phonecall would have resolved that ...feel free to pop in for them  =)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

8reaction image LOL 45reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    Round of applause for Feline. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Robert Bearfoot? 

Sorry, bad joke  :o
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9593
    Richard Meyrick. Known for his acoustics, but he builds electrics as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    edited August 2019
    elkay said:
    I see Feline get a lot of mention. Before I started doing mods myself, I took my very first pickup swop to him, and he didn't return the original pups (Fender American Standard). This was way back when he worked out of a shed behind Martin Phelps. Good thing in a way, as that prompted me to do all my own mods from then on.
    Which would have been an accidental oversight rather than deliberate, and may mean that the set of USA standard strat pickups that has sat in our "customer parts box" - sat nearly 20 years waiting to be reunited with their owner ......may actually be yours........
    I apologise if you've felt that we'd pinch your parts for all these years, but a quick phonecall would have resolved that ...feel free to pop in for them 

Wow, that's pretty amazing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    elkay said:
    I apologise if you've felt that we'd pinch your parts for all these years, but a quick phonecall would have resolved that ...feel free to pop in for them  =)

Ha, amazing.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    octatonic said:
    elkay said:

Ha, amazing.
    That's the best post of all time on here. Proper round of applause stuff. Arf.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    octatonic said:
    elkay said:

Ha, amazing.
    Great stuff. @elkay it’s time to take the photo of @FelineGuitars off your dartboard!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Another vote for PJ Eggle
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Cleartone Conversions.
    Yesssssssssssss
    Not strictly a builder but if he was he’d be the one to beat. The man is in a class of his own.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I don't know.

But if money no object/ what I like the look of then Probett without hesitation.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    Iamnobody said:
    octatonic said:
    elkay said:

Ha, amazing.
    Great stuff. @elkay it’s time to take the photo of @FelineGuitars off your dartboard!
    If there is any justice in the world then surely this means Feline win?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Surprise surprise!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    The only one I'm personally familiar with is Rob Williams, just lovely, faultless, and most importantly, great sounding guitars. 
  • @octatonic Gordon Smith now owned and made by Auden Guitars
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    @octatonic Gordon Smith now owned and made by Auden Guitars
    Ah, good to know, thanks.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    Richard Meyrick. Known for his acoustics, but he builds electrics as well.
    He just fixed a guitar and did a set up for me - really nice bloke too.

Anyone rate Bravewood?  I ask because because I nearly took one in a trade but don’t know a whole lot about them.

The Stig LP’s look amazing.

BUT, apart from making beautiful guitars, I agree that Feline’s post makes them the hands down winner.  Brilliant.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Feline all the way for me.

I’ve hardly gassed for any guitars (other than other feline’s!) since I got mine.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Bravewood. Better Fenders than Fender. But only made in minuscule numbers. 
    Early Gordon Smiths for a larger volume maker.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Since getting my Feline Bluescat, I've been debating getting a Feline S type guitar. 

I've had a few Eggles (have one for sale atm) and a couple of Gordon Smiths too. The Eggles have been great but my heart belongs to Feline.