Fat Cat Guitar Components ...bridge parts

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11497
in Guitar tFB Trader
Fat Cat are our own line of precision made parts made for us in the UK by a fantastic engineer/toolmaker. 

We started out by getting some cold rolled steel blocks made for strats and floyd rose tremolos 
We have also done bridges authentic to the 50s Fender pattern and materials 

Fat Cat classic repro tremolo £149

Our classic tremolo/vibrato systems made with the same specs as the Vintage Fender ones using only the best quality steel. Shown here with a set of Fender stamped saddles but future ones will say Feline.

FatCat "Double Whammy" hybrid conversion tremolo £159

Here we have a tremolo that mounts normally but converts to a narrower Gibson like spacing to help where a narrow neck means the strings are prone to slipping off the edge of the neck.

The front mounting holes will fit your vintage strat body with no problems or issues at all, but the block and the saddles are geared up for a narrower string spacing (10.5mm between centres rather than the older 11.2mm), resulting in an E to E spacing of 52.5mm and bringing those E strings in from the edges of the board. 

We called it the "double whammy" because we use the fabulous Highwood saddles that have no sharp grub screws protruding through the plate on this tremolo. The rest of the trem is made of the same original materials that Fender used in 1954 too so sonically the same - cold rolled steel block and CR4 steel for the other parts. Even our nickel plated springs are accurate in size and tension to the Fender originals.

FatCat oversize blocks for Floyd Rose £39

The new family of FatCat Big Blocks for Floyd Rose tremolos (both Floyd Rose and Schaller brands and any others that have the same screw mounting).
Using cold rolled steel gives back a lot of lost frequencies that a Floyd Rose typically loses for a more balanced overall sound. You get bass back but there is tight definition in the bass frequencies and the high end is firm but not shrill.
We can also offer brass blocks but the cold rolled steel seems to be more even in frequencies rather than just fattening the sound.

Compare the width of the original brass block and the fatCat Cold Rolled Steel Big Block. Easy to fit and reassemble and available in various heights to suit your guitar.
We will also be offering blocks for the Jackson JT6 tremolo that featured on many late 80s Charvel and Jackson guitars, as well as a few possible Ibanez options too.

Strat Tremolo sustain blocks and parts

We also sell replacement blocks for your existing tremolo and other parts too 
These are all made in UK  to the same vintage specs as the 1950s Fender ones 
Cold rolled steel for the blocks, CR4 sheet steel for the claws and spring steel for the springs

Tremolo sustain block £47

Spring claw £3

Springs £1.60 each

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Congratulations and they look good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    The double whammy looks great, nice set of features.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    Really like the look of these, especially the double whammy narrow spacing 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11497
    edited August 2019 tFB Trader
    We also stock the Highwood saddles to buy in all the different widths

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader

Nice to know as I'm a bit clueless with f type parts and alternatives
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader

Nice to know as I'm a bit clueless with f type parts and alternatives
    Yes - they do a USA standard width saddle of 11.2mm, but also do the 10.8mm and 10.5 mm ones that are often found on certain models or from certain factories.
    The saddles are clever because the steel wraps under at the front and has the thread for the grubscrew in that lower part so the grubscrew doesn't stick out the top.
    I also like that they have a groove for the string that helps keep the string centred

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9988
    tFB Trader
    Some nice looking stuff there Jonathan ... and UK made so gets my vote :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    FelineGuitars said:
    We will also be offering blocks for the Jackson JT6
    TFFT. Finally! <notworthy emoticon>

FelineGuitars said:
    a few possible Ibanez options too.
    Blocks to fit Edge, Hard Rocker and Pro Rock'r would be most welcome. 

If you want to make a killing, manufacture those cast "Tee" pieces where the Pro Rock'r intonation and saddle lock down screws meet.
    Be seeing you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963

We will also be offering blocks for the Jackson JT6 tremolo that featured on many late 80s Charvel and Jackson guitars, as well as a few possible Ibanez options too.

Will you be doing a Marlin Sidewinder block?

;)

I am half serious :). It's a real problem when the originals fall apart, they're one of the hardest things to replace unless you're incredibly lucky and find a second hand one that's still intact.

Although I'm well aware that it would be about the same price as the value of the guitar...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    Could do with a Double Whammy on my lefty tokai!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Verrry classy addition to the portfolio Jonathan !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Will you be doing a Marlin Sidewinder block? ;)

I am half serious :). It's a real problem when the originals fall apart, they're one of the hardest things to replace unless you're incredibly lucky and find a second hand one that's still intact.

Although I'm well aware that it would be about the same price as the value of the guitar...
    Has anyone ever successfully repaired one of those using J-B Weld or similar?

We all know that the design is atrocious but it may be the only bridge that fits some guitars without resorting to major modification.
    Be seeing you.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7735
    ICBM said:
    Will you be doing a Marlin Sidewinder block? ;)

Has anyone ever successfully repaired one of those using J-B Weld or similar?

We all know that the design is atrocious but it may be the only bridge that fits some guitars without resorting to major modification.
    I tried with JB weld but I didn't work. I did find a cheap floyd and stuck in on and gave it to a buddy who's a sax player in an afrobeat band. I can only imagine when his bandmates come past, what they think of his sparkle-pink floyded Marlin with a zebra strap.
    tFB Trader

Ha - we got someone to make us some FatCat mugs....Tigger is not impressed

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    Had those Highwood saddles on a previous guitar and they really are excellent.
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 168
    Brilliant stuff, I’ll keep this in mind for the future.
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    I’m impressed you got Tigger into a box!

The trems also look good Jonathan ;)
    tFB Trader
    We got some removable labels done for the blocks 

We are also happy to say we now have stock of the blocks for the Jackson JT6 tremolo as fitted to Charvels and Jacksons between 1987-89

We have also ordered some blocks in a 40mm depth for installs where a 42mm block is slightly too deep 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hallelujah. Link to webshop, please?
    Be seeing you.
    tFB Trader
    We have done some more of the 5 string hardtail bridges for making 5 string guitars for slide or Open G playing like Keef Richards. We've used the Highwood saddles this time as they just work so nicely. String spacing is 11.2mm