I know Guitarist magazine gets a regular slating here, but...

What's Hot
...I really enjoyed this month's issue.

I only bought it to kill some time while on holiday in the Brecon Beacons, but the (large) modification article and the George Benson interview were both great.

I love that bitsa Tele on the front cover too...
Not much of the gear, even less idea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Get yer coat...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Phew, at least there's a P-90 pickup guide and a feature on a 1964 Marshall to keep our feet on well-trodden ground...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4944
    And Paper in Oil caps.  There are members here who disagree with the notion that different caps (of the same value) sound differently.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vai and fortus features worth a look otherwise nothing to persuDe me to take it off the shelf. I,ll stick with my collection of 80# and early 90s guitar world,guitarist and guitar player mags.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    It is a bit like Razzle.

Was great in the '80s (usually found in a bush discarded), but the internet has killed it.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My Beef is the print is far too small, and on glossy paper i cannot read it at all, without reading glasses, which i don't normally wear when i am having a crap lol
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1699
    I cant imagine visiting our loo with out a copy .Good reading .
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    Guitar magazines are so last century. The last one I bought had a free set of Elixir electric guitar strings included which was worth more than the cover price of the magazine, in fact I bought two copies and gave them away less the strings of course.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    stonevibe said:
    It is a bit like Razzle.

Was great in the '80s (usually found in a bush discarded), but the internet has killed it.
    thankfully I'm far too mature to make any kind of bush in a bush joke but essentially that's right. I was in WH Smiths in a motorway service station the other day and they had Guitarist in the magazine racks and a 'top shelf' ( my eye was drawn by the white plastic wrappers - terrible single use plastic) so some people still prefer that kind of information on glossy paper but it's a much reduced market.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • My wife gave me ‘the look’ when she found a pair of readers in our smallest room.
    No idea why, there has been at least one guitar mag in there since we got married.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    I deliberately avoided reading this month’s edition so that I could read it on holiday - then I went and left it on the plane on the outward journey.  Doh!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My Beef is the print is far too small, and on glossy paper i cannot read it at all, without reading glasses, which i don't normally wear when i am having a crap lol
    I get the electronic edition now (through PocketMags) and it gives me a headache trying to move it around to make it legible.
  • I begrudge forking out money for it on a regular basis. I used to buy the two British magazines years ago and as many US ones as I could get. I had more money than sense in those days and should have bought gear instead!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I find it very reassuring, like a place or a friend that's stayed exactly the same.
    You could wake  up from a 40 year coma and it would be the only familiar thing around.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    I get it (along with a load of other mags) on Readly following a recommendation on here. Much easier to read the small print with coloured background on a tablet.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14322
    Dear Modmins. Please will you merge all threads on Guitarist magazine in general and Issue 449 specifically?
    Be seeing you.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Philly_Q said:
    My Beef is the print is far too small, and on glossy paper i cannot read it at all, without reading glasses, which i don't normally wear when i am having a crap lol
    I get the electronic edition now (through PocketMags) and it gives me a headache trying to move it around to make it legible.
    Readly works really well on an iPad @Philly_Q ;

I get a dozen or more music, tech & car mags each month for £0.  They take up no space, and I’ve always got them (all) with me on a train, in a hotel, or wherever else I happen to be.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:

I get a dozen or more music, tech & car mags each month for £0.  They take up no space, and I’ve always got them (all) with me on a train, in a hotel, or wherever else I happen to be.
    £0?

They're completely free?
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:

I've got an Android tablet.  It's OK, but I find it kind of tiresome - I don't use a smartphone so I'm rubbish with apps and touch-screens, all that dragging things around and trying to magnify them.

I've got Readly as well now, because you can get Guitar Player on it.  So in fact I can read Guitarist in two places (must compare to see if there's any difference).  So far I've only used Readly on the PC, it's probably more user-friendly on the tablet (subject to reservations already expressed).

Sorry, I know I should leave the 20th century behind, we're nearly 20 years into this one...

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    thegummy said:
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:

£0?

They're completely free?
    You get 5 user accounts with the Readly subscription.  Which is £10/mth.

(IIRC)

A good friend of mine has a subscription, and he gave me one of his accounts.  

Cost to me is £0.

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom