The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10175
    FarleyUK said:
    My Kemper Stage had a fault. Kemper support has been a bit hostile at times. Not that impressed.

Sent it back to Guitar Guitar today so hoping for it back ASAP but won’t hold my breath. They took a week to look at a broken zip last time. 
    Have you posted on the official forums about it?
    Yep. I’m a regular long time member there. I’ve had a Kemper Powerhead since 2012.

No one has any idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Nice! How come you wanted one, mate?
    Well, live and with the band, Im sorted... The Carr Mercury V is perfect.

Home use - I like a good looper, with reverse, and miss the Kemper for this aspect. So, Ive been using the excellent HX Stomp - with a couple of pedals in the loop. But, to use the HX Stomp loop correctly I need the Morningstar MC6... AND a buffer (in the Boss TU3w). So, roughly about £600 sitting there...

Sell those, and Im someway to landing the Stage - ideal for home use, and as a back up for the live rig.
    My stage arrived yesterday. Couldn’t resist...
  • Saw Kiefer Sutherland last night and both he and his lead guitarist were using Kempers and it sounded brilliant! If it's good enough for Jack Bauer...

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9505
    kjdowd said:

Home use - I like a good looper, with reverse, and miss the Kemper for this aspect. So, Ive been using the excellent HX Stomp - with a couple of pedals in the loop. But, to use the HX Stomp loop correctly I need the Morningstar MC6... AND a buffer (in the Boss TU3w). So, roughly about £600 sitting there...

Sell those, and Im someway to landing the Stage - ideal for home use, and as a back up for the live rig.
    How are you finding it Kev ?
    GuitarGuitar are replacing mine and it'll arrive tomorrow on a Sunday delivery.

On a side note, using Performance mode, do you guys notice a slight delay when changing rigs when the amp you change to isn't the same one you came from?
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    kjdowd said:

How are you finding it Kev ?
    Have only had time for a quick look. All seems present and correct. It’s a very neat unit. Looks like it’s going to be perfect for rehearsals
    edited August 2019
    The reason I returned my Stage is because of this ticking issue that occurred every 13 seconds.

I got my new one delivered today I’m still having the weird ticking noise issue!

I’ve changed amps, speakers, power amps, leads, guitars, changed plug sockets, put it through a monitor, and it still does it. I do not hear it through headphones, and it’s mainly audible through the Monitor Out. 

I’ll bring it to practice tomorrow so I can test it out as I wonder if it’s some strange interference it’s picking up. The issue is quite low volume, and doesn’t increase massively with a volume increase so when you’re playing you can’t hear it at all. 

I’m thinking that it’s picking something up. My Powerhead doesn’t do it. And it’s not coming through the headphones so I have no idea. 

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Here’s a video of the issue. 

https://youtu.be/l2GsB21awgQ
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14165
    tFB Trader
    Saw Kiefer Sutherland last night and both he and his lead guitarist were using Kempers and it sounded brilliant! If it's good enough for Jack Bauer...
    He only utilises 24 settings including a CTU patch (chorus  tremelo  univibe )
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw Kiefer Sutherland last night and both he and his lead guitarist were using Kempers and it sounded brilliant! If it's good enough for Jack Bauer...
    He only utilises 24 settings including a CTU patch (chorus  tremelo  univibe )
    He has is own special unit with limited connectivity... There's only one jack.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Guys. The issue above seems to be fairly common. Turn your speakers up and check if it's doing it.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766
    The reason I returned my Stage is because of this ticking issue that occurred every 13 seconds.

I got my new one delivered today I’m still having the weird ticking noise issue!

I’ve changed amps, speakers, power amps, leads, guitars, changed plug sockets, put it through a monitor, and it still does it. I do not hear it through headphones, and it’s mainly audible through the Monitor Out. 

I’ll bring it to practice tomorrow so I can test it out as I wonder if it’s some strange interference it’s picking up. The issue is quite low volume, and doesn’t increase massively with a volume increase so when you’re playing you can’t hear it at all. 

I’m thinking that it’s picking something up. My Powerhead doesn’t do it. And it’s not coming through the headphones so I have no idea. 

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Here’s a video of the issue. 

https://youtu.be/l2GsB21awgQ
    Is that due to the woody (woodpecker) tone ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    Is that due to the woody (woodpecker) tone ;)
    I wish!
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited August 2019
    ok just came back from 6hs in studio so I could not only play at proper gig volumes but also with the whole band (another 8 people) and it's everything I expected my Ax8 to be

The adjustments were minimal (I created a performance using a bunch of Tone Junkie Two Rock profiles) and most importantly everything sounded very close to the original intention when at home. Have a few bits and bobs to fix but nothing like the massive steep learning curve I had with the Ax8. 

No issues with white noise, failing footswitches etc .. my QSC K8.2 was a tad light on the low end but that's probably due to high pass setting in the monitor (125hz if I'm not wrong) but nothing got lost in the mix, clarity was all there so all in all a very nice experience.

Looking forward to spending more time with the unit, I think it definitely worth it the investment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Guys. The issue above seems to be fairly common. Turn your speakers up and check if it's doing it.
    Well, well, well... mine has just developed the exact same noise this morning... about every 15 seconds.

Did you raise a ticket mate ?

I'm sure a software upgrade will sort it.
    edited August 2019
    @Wazmeister That sucks mate. 

Yea I did. can you post in my thread here? https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?thread/45280-ticking-noise-on-stage/&postID=500873#post500873

Did you get it from Guitarguitar?

Yea I did. can you post in my thread here? https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?thread/45280-ticking-noise-on-stage/&postID=500873#post500873

No mate - direct from Kemper. How do you raise a ticket mate ?

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact And select the product support. 

If you could post the issue in that thread above id be grateful. Kemper have stopped responding to my emails now so I want to collect a few people so I can @ the moderator who’s not responding. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    This is starting to sound like grounds for a recall now. Pretty poor really.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact And select the product support. 

If you could post the issue in that thread above id be grateful. Kemper have stopped responding to my emails now so I want to collect a few people so I can @ the moderator who’s not responding. 
    For some reason I cant post there at the moment. Will look into it... disappointed as the unit sounds amazing.
    @Wazmeister have you registered the product? You have to be a registered owner to post in the private section.