SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tokai UES-120 ('59 335) Made in Japan Rare with Factory Bigsby

Due to "a change in my domestic circumstances", I wonder if there is any interest in my lovely ES-120. I really don't think there are many with a factory US bigsby around. I certainly haven't seen another. You will find many reviews on youtube and other sires where they have compared this model with a 335 and found this a better crafted instrument. It could be improved further should you want to tinker with pots and wiring.

The 120's of this period are fairly highly specced and this one hasn't been altered from stock.

It has a beautiful flame maple top and back with a nitro finish (probably over a poly basecoat) and a really deep contour on the body

It has nickel hardware and the it's a US bigsby

I've seen original '59 335's and this is just about an exact replica...it's also very light and easy to play

It comes with a non original but high quality hardshell case.

I was thinking £950

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wowzers. That's pretty much my ideal guitar. Which makes me sad, as I have no cash spare. :'( 

What year is it, just out of interest?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • According to the serial number it's a 2003. Since the model number usually refers to the price in yen the equivalent now would be maybe an ES140 0r maybe 150 (I'm guessing)
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    That is very very lovely indeed 

Glwts 
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 219
    Just sale?
  • Eric_CEric_C Frets: 52
    beautiful guitar sir!!
  • Just selling I'm afraid
  • Lots of interest and lovely comments from people but nobody has made a decision...price drop to £850 before it has to go on eBay.
  • jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 114
    Pm sent 
  • PM sent