UK Gear Reviewers

What's Hot

Greetings all at The Fret Board!

First things first, I work for Andertons Music and I hope this post is okay! I'm on a bit of a mission to reach out to credible UK gear reviewers to help us with a range of electric guitars. Do you have your own YouTube channel? Use Instagram to try out products? Or do you have any particular favourites you enjoy?

Make yourself known or comment below with your favourites!

Any help much appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jack.

I'll just tag in @digitalscream as he will know about the developments for the forum ( somewhere in the back of my head I believe he knows people at Andertons a bit).
    Levi Clay who runs a reasonably successful (19000 subscribers) YouTube channel is on here somewhere although has a non obvious user name which I can't remember. 

As for favourites this has come up before and you will eventually see the name of every YouTube guitar based channel! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    @missmisstreater ;

I've just spent ten minutes working out Levi's user name. I really need to get my priorities in life sorted and I'm not sure he even comes on here anymore. But if he does he has an established youtube channel. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    edited June 2019
    I review for Amazon. Ranked #538 in the UK, I’ve written 1,534 reviews and my reviews have received 5,864 upvotes https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AGMXDE46ZPMZN5ZDBOD4AMVYKIGA?preview=true 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader

Greetings all at The Fret Board!

First things first, I work for Andertons Music and I hope this post is okay! I'm on a bit of a mission to reach out to credible UK gear reviewers to help us with a range of electric guitars. Do you have your own YouTube channel? Use Instagram to try out products? Or do you have any particular favourites you enjoy?

Jack, Drew @WiresDreamDisasters ; is a really talented musician and has done a review/demo of my Fallout Cloud which i was really pleased with.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited June 2019
    Aye, my channel is small but I am wanting to grow it. I'm happy to get involved. I'm also going to be doing videos for the Fretboard forum once @digitalscream pulls his finger out

Just thinking though, I'm left handed. Might not be the best person for guitars because of that!

Bye!

• Here's the ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud video I did:

And here's a Strymon Volante one I did:

Bye!

• I've written articles for adventure blogs before but would be more than happy to write copy for gear reviews too.

Example: Blood, Sweat & Gears - Thryve
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2988
    edited July 2019
    I have a You Tube channel on which I will be branching out into to doing some gear review stuff.

• wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 443
    Hi Jack! I run the EUGG Facebook group which is a buy/sell group for guitarists across Europe, and also organise runs with guitar builders, pedal makers etc. 

I also have a small Youtube channel where I've done the odd review before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIADKeVd1TA <<<<Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByL03BBGq4 <<<< Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1AkXJIN3w <<< Cover

Hoping to setup a website for reviews and gear discussions sorted later in the year. I'm also not adverse to doing reviews with someone else, such as @Panama_Jack666 on here who is a mate from work. 

I have a pretty decent collection of gear and I've been through most things, guitar, amp, and fx related at one time or another over the last 20 years.

Current faves include:

Friedman amps, Morgan, Diezel, Mesa, Driftwood, KSR, Carol Ann.

Fx: Meris, Gigrig, Eventide, Fortin, Empress, Chase Bliss, Wampler, Caroline fx.

Guitars: Ibanez, PRS, Jackson, Suhr, Tom Anderson, Fibenare, Siggi Braun, Kiesel, Mayones, Skervesen. 

Cheers,

Chris.

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    @cooperjack , I've reviewed various pedals and guitars and tubes.   Example of a popular guitar demo vid here

Pretty competent user of Davinci resolve and Reaper.   Very happy to get involved. 
  • LightB4soundLightB4sound Frets: 161
    edited August 2019
    Hi there @cooperjack ;;;

Happy to get involved from my little channel

Www.youtube.com/user/lightb4sound

Got a lot of gear reviews on the helix, HX Stomp, MS3 as well as a whole host of tutorials.
    All the best
    Neil
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    I’m not a particularly competent guitarist , have a face for radio and mumble a lot . I don’t use social media outside of the Fretboard but I’d be very happy to create a channel and sincerely tell people whatever you need me to in return for foreign holidays , cars and women.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Greetings all at The Fret Board!

Hi cooperjack! I bought a Korg Miku pedal from Andertons Music and did the whole #anderonsmademedoit thing! :D

I have also done a few guitar reviews on my channel. Just uploaded a demo of an Aiersi guitar over the weekend.

• @missmisstreater ;

I've just spent ten minutes working out Levi's user name. I really need to get my priorities in life sorted and I'm not sure he even comes on here anymore. But if he does he has an established youtube channel. 
    I pop by from time to time (usually to read the PMs I'm sent)

but still, maintain a lack of interest after Octatonic made it clear I was an outsider - don't want to step on his turf ;)
    Support me on Youtube or Patreon
    https://www.patreon.com/leviclay    |    https://www.youtube.com/c/leviclay
  • @missmisstreater ;

I pop by from time to time (usually to read the PMs I'm sent)

but still, maintain a lack of interest after Octatonic made it clear I was an outsider - don't want to step on his turf ;)
    If I did not know better, I'd say that you had a long running feud.  :P