SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! Charvel STX Custom Super Strat - Cherry Sunburst - Reflex Active Pickups 90's model

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
I bought this from the forum and I've finally added more pics!

This is a 90's Charvel STX with a proper Strat style headstock, it comes with some excellent hardware in the shape of a full on German Schaller Floyd, and a German Floyd R2 Nut which was a brand new replacement. I added a set of new Floyd springs on there too.

It's fitted with a set of active pickups, Reflex Silvers, which sound pretty good. It's a great guitar, and I liked it so much I spent £170 getting the wiring redone as it was playing up intermittently, and it had a full setup and fret dress by Danny at Leicestershire Luthier. Its got a pretty low action (probably too low for me if I'm honest) and plays brilliantly and the Floyd is awesome as you'd expect for a Schaller. The colour and Ash body grain are lovely, and it looks nice with the black scratchplate. Condition is commensurate with it's age, theres some wear on the edges of the fretboard, the body has a couple of dings. the scratchplate is also showing some wear too. I will take some more pics of it when I get home so you can see them more readily. Comes with a tatty, thin gigbag but I can ship it in some great packaging.

I'm selling purely as I have too many guitars and I could do with the money too, otherwise it would stay as I have a real soft spot for it. Unfortunately I've got to be brutal. 

I'm looking for £450 delivered, this is a small uplift on the previous sale price I know, however I've spent a large sum getting it sorted and represents a fraction of what I paid for that, which I feel is fair. Located in Leicestershire, happy to ship, I also work in Peterborough so can deliver around those areas too, or meet up if thats more convenient.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited August 2019
    Aha. This one again, which I'm still drawn to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dubberdubber Frets: 34
    Looks like a fun guitar!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    Kebabkid said:
    It is a great guitar so I can see why! I wouldn't be selling it, but I have too many now and this one is not my first choice to get out unfortunately. 

dubber said:
    Looks like a fun guitar!
    Cheers! It is :)

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    Kebabkid said:
    @Kebabkid I had this before Boromedic and the reason I was drawn to it was....it looks like Luke’s old VA....

Great guitar and it sounds like it’s received a little more love than I gave it - the guitar deserved it too.

Someone will get a nice guitar here!!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Thanks @welshboyo and we're both Luke fanboys and I can instantly see the VA, or even Dann Huff's old Strat.

What are the Reflex pickups like? I recall them but have no experience of them. Good cleans, work well with FX and overdrive and are they hot/high output?

Previously, there was some sort of mid-boost EQ on this guitar. Is that still the case?
    Kebabkid said:
    Thanks @welshboyo and we're both Luke fanboys and I can instantly see the VA, or even Dann Huff's old Strat.

What are the Reflex pickups like? I recall them but have no experience of them. Good cleans, work well with FX and overdrive and are they hot/high output?

Previously, there was some sort of mid-boost EQ on this guitar. Is that still the case?
    They're pretty high output I think and it's still stock, so it's volume, mid boost and high frequency adjustment on the lower pot. There's also a mini pot inside to adjust the frequency sweep on the high pot. They sound lovely clean with the volume tapered off a bit, the mid boost is cool as well. Sounded great through my Helix on a Luke style patch. It does look like his VA guitars and it's why I bought it! 

Shame to sell but.... Needs must :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1710
    Love it :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    edited August 2019
    Bump - open to offers.

• Mmm I’m so tempted to buy this and chuck a EMG Lukather pickup set in it. Would there be space for the battery? Also what gauge string is the Floyd set up for? Is it fully floating for pull ups or is it down only? 
    Yeah, on the back is a screw on cover for the battery, that was the main issue with the intermittent signal as the cable had been nicked, its been sorted now by Danny at Leicestershire Luthier. It's got a set of 10's on and it's fully floating. I'm home tomorrow so I can send more pics if required. It's had about an hour's play since I got it back, and it was still in tune when I got it out of the gigbag! 

Bump for pics added :)

• Is the Floyd floating?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yes mate, it's setup to float on 10's. 

Bump

Bump

Bank Holiday bump.... Open to offers

• Looks great. What are the pickups like? Can't say I've heard of them, but I can't imagine charvel using garbage!

Looks like something I could have a great time with. Are trade's considered? I have a lot of unused pedals... 
    edited August 2019
    Hi mate, they have that active kinda sheen and sound pretty decent. They are high output but you can clean them up well with the volume, the controls are very interactive so there's a lot of flexibility.

I could be interested in part trades, send me a PM with what you have and we can have a chat

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 355
    @Kebabkid - I had this too - would buy it back if I hadn't another superstrat coming. I also wanted it bc it looks like Luke's VA. 
    I put the black plate on. The pickups have this modern EMG-like tone which is unique certainly at high gain. Very "Luke"..

You want it Cos.. you can hear it here  from when I first got it and before I changed the plate. 
    Gain is MB Mk4 profile and cleans is some /13 all through a kemper. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom