Manson guitars - tell me what you know

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    I think when long time Manson player Matthew Bellamy has now bought into the company big style and other players include Dave Grohl, John Paul Jones, etc, etc, etc, I think they're probably alright :)

Over the years, heard plenty of praise and no recollection of ever hearing a criticism...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah man, tried a couple and TLDR: they're great.

As far as the sustainiac goes, have a play of a few schecter sun valley FR S guitars and see how much use you get out of it.  I find the harmonic mode really useful (though I don't own one) as it would allow me to get the harmonics I like, without the noise of the gain.  If you're writing your own stuff, I'd have one lying arround if you can justify it, you'll find it slipping in to your sound I'm sure.

As for neck profiles, if you're looking at a custom shop, you can get whatever I guess, from a wizard to 50s baseball bat necks...  If you're looking at a standard MA series (I'm guessing the evo Floyd maybe?) then I think the necks are just a bit more strat like that a wizard neck, as in not quite as flat and a bit rounder, don't hold me to it though!

If you don't like the feel of the necks, if you ask nicely they might be able to charge you for an extra neck and just swap it over...!

Best thing to do would be send them an email though, Hugh seems a nice guy and he seems the kinda person that would have a friendly helpful team....  they're luthiers, they're gonna have an enjoyment working with guitars so if you have the money, I'm sure they can help you out.. ;)

Again though, if it's super strat shredding Floyd equipped sustainiac madness, check out the schecter sun valley FR S, they have tons of funky colours or just yer plain white or black; deal at £800 too

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/schecter-sun-valley-super-shredder-s-wht-with-sustainiac?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwkenqBRBgEiwA-bZVtmABSXkYcWq_LV6zPLNDTO_8RY-c4HUK7QcfyWb0gqOXb0dfW1SBvBoCNaQQAvD_BwE

Good luck, let us know if you end up with one!
    Alternatively, the Charvel Pro-Mod Style 2 is a great Tele-shaped superstrat (if you see what I mean), and they're around £700-£800:

https://www.gak.co.uk/Results?q=Charvel style 2
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Yeah man, tried a couple and TLDR: they're great.

As far as the sustainiac goes, have a play of a few schecter sun valley FR S guitars and see how much use you get out of it.  I find the harmonic mode really useful (though I don't own one) as it would allow me to get the harmonics I like, without the noise of the gain.  If you're writing your own stuff, I'd have one lying arround if you can justify it, you'll find it slipping in to your sound I'm sure.

As for neck profiles, if you're looking at a custom shop, you can get whatever I guess, from a wizard to 50s baseball bat necks...  If you're looking at a standard MA series (I'm guessing the evo Floyd maybe?) then I think the necks are just a bit more strat like that a wizard neck, as in not quite as flat and a bit rounder, don't hold me to it though!

If you don't like the feel of the necks, if you ask nicely they might be able to charge you for an extra neck and just swap it over...!

Best thing to do would be send them an email though, Hugh seems a nice guy and he seems the kinda person that would have a friendly helpful team....  they're luthiers, they're gonna have an enjoyment working with guitars so if you have the money, I'm sure they can help you out.. ;)

Again though, if it's super strat shredding Floyd equipped sustainiac madness, check out the schecter sun valley FR S, they have tons of funky colours or just yer plain white or black; deal at £800 too

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/schecter-sun-valley-super-shredder-s-wht-with-sustainiac?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwkenqBRBgEiwA-bZVtmABSXkYcWq_LV6zPLNDTO_8RY-c4HUK7QcfyWb0gqOXb0dfW1SBvBoCNaQQAvD_BwE

Good luck, let us know if you end up with one!
    Alternatively, the Charvel Pro-Mod Style 2 is a great Tele-shaped superstrat (if you see what I mean), and they're around £700-£800:

https://www.gak.co.uk/Results?q=Charvel style 2

I've played a few of the Charvels and they're really nice guitars. However, I used to own a beautiful Charvel when I first started playing - early 90s, one piece neck, active pickups with many, many frets - and they're never as good as that. If there's one guitar I could find and buy back it would be that sparkly purple monster.
    Isn’t Matt Bellamy a member on here? Ask him.
    Doesn’t he now own the Manson guitar manufacturing set up?
    Majority shareholder of Manson GW
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I had mine built for me 27 years ago, so probably not much help now, but here you go...

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom