SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Avalon A320c Custom Cutaway - No longer available

What's Hot

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    A lovely guitar, I wish I could hear it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • myrmanmyrman Frets: 68
    Open to offers guys. 
  • Alan55Alan55 Frets: 0
    Hi - I have a gorgeous cherry sunburst all-original Gibson Les Paul—bought in Manny's NYC in the 1980s—which could be offered in PX. Would this be of interest? Many other guitars I could PX.
    edited July 2019
    Alan55 said:
    Hi - I have a gorgeous cherry sunburst all-original Gibson Les Paul—bought in Manny's NYC in the 1980s—which could be offered in PX. Would this be of interest? Many other guitars I could PX.
    Hi Alan. Definitely interested in an LP. Could you pm me some pics and let me know what else you have. Thanks
    Will do tomorrow morning. Cheers
  • Alan55 said:
    If myrman's not interested, could I see a couple of pics please :)
    Bluesman1989 ... I sent you a PM
    Still available.
    Bump
  • TedTed Frets: 126
    i can't believe this has not sold yet, Avalons are beautiful sounding instruments and this looks like a particularly fine heirloom quality example. PS no connection at all with the seller
    I totally agree Ted, I can't believe it either. If someone were to actually come and try the guitar I am sure they would love it. I'm right in the middle of the country so hardly difficult to get to but happy to post if required. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3612
    It’s a beauty but sadly way out of my price range. Nor am I a good enough player to justify it. 
  • TedTed Frets: 126
    I've got an Avalon and I not really a good enough player to do it justice, but happy to
    have it anyway.

I think second hand ones might be quite a good investment, because Avalon's luthiers might be getting on a bit now given that they were the original workforce for Lowden guitars back in the 80's and 90's. But,as ever, do your own research. 
    drofluf said:
    It’s a beauty but sadly way out of my price range. Nor am I a good enough player to justify it. 
    I wish you could afford it, but seriously the decision to buy a more expensive acoustic should be about your ears, not your current playing ability: if a guitar sounds better to you, you'll enjoy it more, and most likely play more and improve your playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    Intellectually I total agree @ToneControl but there’s a voice inside me that says “more money than sense”.  My other hobby is cycling and I privately sneer at the “all the gear and no idea” types I see whereas I actually think that if it makes you happy and you can afford then go ahead. 

My issue and I don’t want to derail this thread into my personal therapy :) 
    drofluf said:
    Intellectually I total agree @ToneControl but there’s a voice inside me that says “more money than sense”.  My other hobby is cycling and I privately sneer at the “all the gear and no idea” types I see whereas I actually think that if it makes you happy and you can afford then go ahead. 

my playing improved a lot when I started buying decent gear about 10 years ago
    drofluf said:

my playing improved a lot when I started buying decent gear about 10 years ago
    Can’t argue with that. Certainly been more motivated to play since I bought my Faith. Amazing the difference that a well set up great sounding instrument makes. 
    edited August 2019
    Final reduction to £1700 firm (plus postage if required)
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    I have a custom H&D on classifieds. Might be interested in swap.
  • Karnak said:
    I have a custom H&D on classifieds. Might be interested in swap.
    That is tempting but I am really looking for a straight sale or possible p/x for a Les Paul with some cash coming my way.